Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd drive problems

Options
  • 04-05-2004 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

ok the lowdown...
    have a four year old dvd rom drive It reads dvds & thats about it
    In Short
    just wonderin is anyone tech savvy enough to tell me what the hell is wrong with the thing?should I just get a lens cleaner and give it a clean or is it somethin more technical(ie worth the bother?)

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

maybe firmware update needed or as u say lens cleaner....try all but u got ur moneys worth after 4 years.....my mate had same prob but he opened it and magnet that sorta spins cd round he didnt put it in right so it stopped reading cds etc....so all i did was put round magnet back in place to were cd sort catches up when inserted to drive....someone said to me once that when u insert a dvd to a dvd player the lens sorta tilts so it can read DVD so that why ur able to read dvds still.....sorry but thats i can tell you....goodluck

Advertisement