Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superman or the flash?

Options
  • 04-05-2004 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

superman or the flash, who's faster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

didn't they have a race in a cartoon? only saw the first minute of it though, but then again how often are cartoons accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah apparently according to Justice League cartoon the flash is "the fastest man on earth". Now superman isn't FROM earth but he is ON earth. And when they battled in the alternate reality episodes, the flash did outrun superman and in general moved faster than superman could go to keep up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I'd have to go with the flash

no particular reason ... I just like him better than superman

The Flash is able to move so fast that he can vibrate and reduce his body to molecule level. Kinda like how the Stargate works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

The Flash is the fastest and always will be. DC can't have Superman beat him or the Flash would be reduced to just being a second string hero, which they'd never do because after 40 years he's a marketable brand ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Wouldn't The Flash v. Quicksilver be a better thread?

Difference being that the flash is supposed to be able to tap into his speed, whereas quicksilver is just always working on speed - and having to deal with everyone else around him is a complete bore due to how slow they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Coincidentally I was reading about this the other day and the Flash is the faster of the two.
    He tries to distract me with his heatvision,

But I'm faster than heat vision

another question qould be why Quicksilver si so much duller a character than the Flash? or did Mark Waid simply explain the Flash and explore his powers so well that the Flash got a luster above that of speedsters before him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I don't think anyone's really taken the time to fully flesh out Quicksilver to be honest. Any story I've ever read him in, he's just another team mate, and a means to an end for the story. The story never really focuses on him.

I do however think he has potential. His history with his father and the various teams and allies and adverseries could make for an interesting story, as could his supped up powers when he is using additive E (or whatever the name of the stuff the High Evolutionary gave him is).

Personally i'd like to see him become addicted to said substance, and his powers become somewhat reliant on it for a while. This would serve a dual purpose. His addiction, and reliance would make for an interesting story, and the surrounding characters could be used to show the differant attitudes toward drugs of all kinds. I'd eventually turn the story so that's he's trying to break his addiction, and while the withdrawel would be fun to play with from an artistic point i'd imagine, it would also make for interesting stories as the character would be suffering and writers could toy with his personality and his past (especially with his father) during this period. It would also be interesting to have him deal with the fact that he knows he's not as powerful as he could be, but he's chosen to relinquish power in favour of control.

His powers, as the Flash proves are interesting, but are rarely used imaginitivly either which is also a great shame. Could just be me who wants to see him developed though I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    Wouldn't The Flash v. Quicksilver be a better thread?
    Flash is faster, it happened in JLA\Avengers.

That I don't get. When you see anything to do with the flash, it's a red blur which people can spot coming and do stuff to stop him (throw something in his path etc). But with quicksilver, any time you see him in action, he's not seen....no blur, just invisible because he moves so fast. The only way people tell he was there is with a gust of wind. And he's been remarked many times before to be so fast that he could (from a great distance away) stop a bullet before it was even fired...ie. before the trigger gets fully pulled, he could have the gun out of your hand and disassembled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

When the two of them raced in JLA\Avengers the Flash came out on top in the D.C. universe but theres no speed force in the Marvel Universe and he has no powers there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭EpYon

it all depends on if there running of not cause flash cant fly

Well the Flash being shown as a red blur is simply for artistic reasons. Just like when he's shown in 3 different places at one time. and whether or not Superman is flying Flash is still faster.

Advertisement