Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vega Brothers Movie ?

Options
  • 03-05-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

there has been a roumour circulating for some time now that Quentin Tarantino is planning on calling John Travolta and Micheal Madson in on a movie about thier earlier Tarantino charachters Resovoir Dogs' Vic Vega or 'Mr. Blonde'(Madson), and Pulp Fiction's Vince Vega(travolta), although un mentioned in the films they were supposed to be brothers. the film was going to be set just before pulp fiction while they were together in amsterdam!

QT says its not true because they are both to old for a prequal, but the got another Indiana Jones in Harrison Ford?????

who thinks it should happen......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I would love to see that. Mr. Blonde and Vince Vega were great characters and it would be brilliant to see them together. I dont think it will happen, QT will do a movie if he feels its going to be good, so if he is having doubts about getting Madson and travolta to do a prequeal then i'm not sure if it will happen. but i would love to see it. Fingers crossed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by fizzynicenice
    QT says its not true because they are both to old for a prequal, but the got another Indiana Jones in Harrison Ford?????

The flaw in your logic there is that they're not asking Harrison Ford to play a younger Indiana Jones.

But Tarantino is busy with his next movie already, a *remake of Inglorious Bastards.

*Yes, you read that right. Tarantino is crediting it as a remake for once, instead of just dipping into the old "Stealing plots of movies most people never heard of and parading it around as an original work" bag of tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Yeah, heard bout that prequel. Don't know if he'd get madsen and travolta to play parts though, like you said with age and all. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

According to Dark Horizons Tarantino says he will be doing the Vega brothers movie.

Talking about his upcoming projests he says:
    I'm going to do a war movie (Inglorious Bastards I presume), I'm going to do an straight-up action movie and I'm going to do my first sequel. It's a sequel to both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, actually, it's a sequel and it's a prequel.

And on the movie itself and the age of the lead actors:
    It's the Vega Brothers, played by Michael Madsen and John Travolta. I have been trying to do it for years, and the more time I take, the older these two guys get. But I've come up with an idea that won't much matter how much they age....the magic of movies. It's going to be great. It'll be funny, and these guys are so great, alright, they're going to be like two oversized mob-men fighting over the last bowl of pasta, that we can't go wrong. It's just going to be John and Michael, and I hope to make this my next movie. We're laying down the pipework for it now

I really hope this goes ahead. If he pulls it off, it could be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Now i'm getting excited. I really hope this happens cause it will be brilliant with if Michael Madsen and John Travolta do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

ah Mr. Karl Hungus, you make the old Tarantino stealing plots argument. well even as a big Tarantino fan, I have heard the similarities between 'Resovoir Dogs' and 'Man Bites Dog' are all over the place,

well let us not forget that Shakespear was the biggest thief in literature (or so they say)
    hmmmm... no, not sure why I'm made that comparison, ahh féck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

ah Mr. Karl Hungus, you make the old Tarantino stealing plots argument. well even as a big Tarantino fan, I have heard the similarities between 'Resovoir Dogs' and 'Man Bites Dog' are all over the place,

I've never heard that one... Don't you mean City on Fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Man Bites Dog is that messed up Belgian film.
    I saw it ages ago, but I don't recall it being similar to Reservoir Dogs.

As Lodgepole pointed out, Reservoir Dogs theived City On Fire's plot. The Man Bites Dog comparison is a new one to me, tbh.
    Google plot summary for City On Fire, it's identical to that of R. Dogs.
    well let us not forget that Shakespear was the biggest thief in literature (or so they say)
    hmmmm... no, not sure why I'm made that comparison, ahh féck

So they say...? So who say? Can you give any examples at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'd like to see a vega brothers film as much as the next guy but, as stated, it'd have to be a prequel to pulp fiction and the fact that John Travolta looks too old would be a slight issue. Maybe we'll see Tarantino make a manga movie with Madsen and Travolta providing voiceovers? that's the suspicion i have, i think he was flirting with public reaction when he included the scenes in kill bill with o-ren ishii in a manga sequence.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I wouldnt say he was flirting with opinion, he was just making another reference... besides, isnt he making (or thinking of making) a anime Kill Bill prequal?

I'd say if this film is made, it will be live action

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Karl Hungus, I know that Resevoir dogs is a rip-off of city on fire (I see resevior dogs as a vast improvement though), but what did he base pulp fiction or Jackie Brown on?

Basically QT gets away with it because he's an homage director. I still think he's pretty good.

Iv'e heard pulp fiction was based on an old 50's film, but I can't recall the name.

The actually title of resevior dogs came up as a mixture of two of his fave films: resevior de enfants and straw dogs.

Originally posted by neXus9
    Karl Hungus, I know that Resevoir dogs is a rip-off of city on fire

Did I say you didn't? :confused:
    but what did he base pulp fiction or Jackie Brown on?

Pulp Fiction is debatable, but Jackie Brown is an adaption of the book Rum Punch.

Basically QT gets away with it because he's an homage director. I still think he's pretty good.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry at that comment.
    A "Homage" director!? Dear god...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Yeah, its an asian movie called "city on fire" that tarantino is meant to have ripped off the idea for "resevoir dogs" from. Also, he wanted madsen to play vincent vega is pulp fiction, but he turned it don for some other movie he was working on, and travolta got part. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I remember looking at fist of fury and seeing that QT used the scene where Bruce uses the nunchucks to batter his opponent's legs so they can't kick. In Kill Bill the bride uses a sword instead.

Advertisement