Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Paintball

Options
  • 03-05-2004 4:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

'ello folks,
    Does anybody know of any decent paintball places around the Belfast area?

Thanks,
    S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i did a search and found the following of all the paintball places in the north:

Camouflage Combat Games
    37, Leitrim Rd
    Castlewellan
    County Down
    BT31 9BB
    Tel: 028 4377 1664

SG-1 Combat Games
    Lough Beg Coach Houses
    Ballyscullion Park
    Bellaghy
    Magherafelt
    County Derry
    BT45 8NA
    Tel: 028 2563 8643

Paintballing Ireland
    77, Carlisle Rd
    Derry
    County Derry
    BT48 6JL

Combat Games
    73, Largy Rd
    Crumlin
    County Antrim
    BT29 4RS

The last one - Combat Games is probably the nearest one to Belfast. Dont know anything about it, sorry... :/

A number of north boards members have been to SG-1 Combat Games in Bellaghy .. so if your looking away from Belfast.. they might be able to tell you about it.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I'd be looking more at the Crumlin one I think. I'd have no problem finding the places on google, the reason for posting here was to find the "decent" ones - as with everything, some places are a lot better than others. The one evading me is some place that operated from north belfast :( but I'm thinking that might be less "paint" and more "lead".
    That's for the info though. Maybe I'll get some info on the Bellaghy one from here.

Ta,
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

As organiser of past sucessful paintballing events :D (trumpet blowing) ill throw my 2 cents in.

Look in the yellow pages, there was this place in belfast with a weird name. Escarmouche paintball. Its in belfast, and i think they will bus you to the location. Its more of a pro paintiball set up i.e. large inflatable bouncy castle shapes which you use for cover.

The majority of other places i checked out were in forests or bushy locations.

That escarmouche place was a tad pricy i believe. I suggested a price reduction to the owner for ammo refills, because we we're a big group and he nearly started to cry down the phone.

SG1 is "AIRSOFT" its different from paintball in that, instead of pellets of paint you have plastic bb's, as in the pellets you would use in a pellet gun. DONT be put off by this, or what you might have heard e.g. that it hurts like hell, because its not that painful. It only stings for a while, unless you get shot in the ass (THANKS CHADA YOU BIG CAMPOR!)

We went both paintballing and Airsoft and i would say that airsoft was more enjoyable. It possible the location was a factor. SG1 was in a forest on a hill. Plenty of good foilage for crawling, and pretending your back in nam with your team member paul!! THe staff were fairly friendly although the games were designed so that you wasted your ammo (and had to pay for more, often). If you do go there, and i recommend it, dont waste ammo on the 'punishments'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

haha jim do not underestimate my sneakiness :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

You only had :ninja: skills on that day.

The war is long daniel son, and youve only won the battle!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

no one can survive my interrogation techniques... without sore balls ne way <looks at paul>

Advertisement