Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poker in the fitz wed 5th may??

Options
  • 02-05-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi, i'm very new here so hello first of all. i'm thinking about going to the fitzwilliam to play in one of the tournaments for the first time. i was looking at their website and wednesday (5th may) looks to be a good day for someone like me (€20 buy in + €3 registration) so i won't break the bank if i happened to get knocked out on the first hand. i haven't really played much, just been watching a lot of the wsop and late night poker and whatnot on tv the last few months and playing a fair bit online. i've won a good bit of money online but its a bit boring and i want to test my skills (or relative lack of, probably) with some real players. so, the fitz looks ideal.

firstly, is it on this wednesday? can anyone enter? dress code? standard of players? etc etc etc. anybody who can give me any info at all on this i would be much obliged to. hopefully i'll get to know some of you regulars anyway in time. i hope to post here a bit more regularly and hopefully will play a good bit in the fitz if i like it. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Check musos sticky at the top of the forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133847

Its aimed at the Thursday night game but most is applicable to any night in there

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

thursday is free-in, €10-rebuy and its a good night to start on... bit wild since people tend to play a lot looser but its a bit of craic.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah , Thursday's a lot less intense and there'll be other Fitz newcomers so you won't be alone.

Advertisement