Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cad a cheap tu faoi seo?

Options
  • 01-05-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Was debating this with my mates, do you think there's any Irish person that can speak only Irish?? There has to be some old people in Gaeltacht areas who may only know Irish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Leanaí óga nach bhfuil ag dul ar scoil fós.

Ní dóigh liom go bhfuil aon sean-daoine gan focal Béarla fágtha - bheadh Béarla éigin acu go léir cé nach mbeidís go léir ábalta é a labhairt go han-líofa. Mar sin atá cúrsaí i gCiarraí pé sceal é.

Young kids who haven't gone to school yet.

I don't think there are any old people without a word of Irish left - they'd all have some English even if they're not all able to speak it very fluently. That's how it is in Kerry anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

chuala mé i bpost eile go go raibh buachaill agus nach raibh béarla air until he was 21 or so. & tá 6 30yo anois, so it wasnt that long ago.

i heard in another post that there was a guy who didnt learn english till he was 21 or so, and hes only 30 or sumthin now, so it wasnt that long ago;)

Advertisement