Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ronnie wins

Options
  • 01-05-2004 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭

gwan ronnie he just destroyed hendry 17 - 4!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if he doesnt win it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah fair play to him, he looks on absolute top form.
    Hendry looked a bit tired for his last few matches, bad placements and low breaks... heh there's always next year :p
    I expected Hendry to put up more of a fight, and pull a few frames back.
    Look at the frame scores though, you can see how few opportunities Ronnie gave away.
    From www.embassysnooker.com
    Frame Scores (O'Sullivan first)
    86-17
    16-61
    81-0
    68-42
    127-0
    68-0
    98-39
    0-85
    81-6
    92-0
    71-0
    117-9
    78-36
    63-21
    79-0
    49-66
    71-0
    48-75
    74-33
    93-24
    79-0

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Ronnie played that match ridiculously well, especially in the first & second sessions when he knew if he missed Hendry could have done the same to him, but I can't remember one loose shot from him to let Hendry in.

I don't remember Stephen playing many bad shots either earlier in the match, he made the most of the precious little chances he had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    gwan ronnie he just destroyed hendry 17 - 4!!!

Don't post results to sporting events in title headers you muppet.

Originally posted by Boston
    Yeah you completely ruined it for me, I had it taped across 3 VHS tapes and was going to watch it this evening. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

/me slaps charter around a bit with a large trout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Yeah you completely ruined it for me, I had it taped across 3 VHS tapes and was going to watch it this evening. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

actually just the one, what's your point. Santahoe, or do you have one?

Really 1 VHS tape?
    Was it on Longplay or shortplay, and did you record all the frames or just the morning/evening ones?
    I don't know why you're being so hostile boston... you seem to be a very angry man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

ronnie won against dott!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

god damn was really up for Dott always am up for the underdog mind you

streaker was SO not funny like David said once its been done once it just loses it comedy value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I had €10 at 10-1 that the result would be 18-9 O'Sullivan. Close but no cigar, or more importantly, no €110.
    :(

• Advertisement

Originally posted by _raptor_
    streaker was SO not funny like David said once its been done once it just loses it comedy value
    Yeah I heard about that, I was late catching the evening session, arrived in at about 8:15... heard some mention of a streaker.
    Did the streaker go out onto the floor? or just in the audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

He jumped from the front row, danced around the table twice, then was caught by 4 or 5 stewarts and led away. I thought it was mildly amusing, the crowd laughed a little, but the BBC had (of course) to play it down - wouldn't want to glorify it. I wouldn't imagine it had any impact anyway as it all happened before the session began.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I missed the streaker, I didn't get in to see much of the final session. Anyone remember the one in the Sven Goran Ericcson mask a year or two ago. :D

Originally posted by Boston

Thats fair enough, charter will be edited.

Advertisement