Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt broadband

Options
  • 01-05-2004 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

for curiositys sake, when you apply for the basic bt broadband package, does it include isp charge, connection charge and line rental? we currently are paying £67 per quarter for line rental and internet, but if the £27 a month from bt broadband covers than then it cuts down out phone bill

does anyone on here have bt broadband who could give me 100% honest valid answers? once the £27 per month is payed, does that count full time internet access and all you pay is the £27 a month plus call charges?

someone please get back to me asap......im running up huge phone bills so i want to cut them down :p

i currently owe lots of money to the parents for a phone bill.......cutting it down and speeding up connection wlould be a definite plus

anyone who knows for certain let me know ..£27 a month for bt broadband, does that include line rental and 24/7 isp?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Sterile Fish
    for curiositys sake, when you apply for the basic bt broadband package, does it include isp charge, connection charge and line rental? we currently are paying £67 per quarter for line rental and internet, but if the £27 a month from bt broadband covers than then it cuts down out phone bill
    It will cost you 81 English pounds for each quarter -> but the killer is the VAT charged on at the end of your bill

Forget about ISP (it goes out the window) and connection charge (it to-> window)... come on the broadband boat. You have to pay for the modem at the start - which is Voyager 105 DSL Modem* (around £50 - they add it to your next bill) and you get a microfilters aswell in that package which allows the phone and internet running at the same time.

Everyone pays for Line Rental.. even Fuzzy the bear (or his Parents), unless you have 2 phone lines which equals two line rentals???
    Originally posted by Sterile Fish
    does anyone on here have bt broadband who could give me 100% honest valid answers? once the £27 per month is payed, does that count full time internet access and all you pay is the £27 a month plus call charges?

the 27 English pounds cover the month - (i think it is 120 hours per month or 1Gb ... not sure)
    there is no extra charges... i.e. call charges..

*You can buy your own modem (cheaper), but my advice is stay BT - if it goes wrong - you can always ring up BT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

<as someone pointed out to me.. no names>
    Forget about ISP (it goes out the window) and connection charge (it to-> window)...
    which is dial up to the average man..

and to add to this point on Line Rental
    Everyone pays for Line Rental..

It is NOT included in the 27 per month...

Advertisement