Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FLASH HOME GAME TONIGHT!! (friday)

Options
  • 30-04-2004 2:22pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

5 places left for a game in my place tonight!!

If you have chips bring them! Small stakes stuff (10-20 quid sort of thing)

Dev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Woo! Count me in - some practive for Heat 1
    Can bring chips & KEM cards if you want

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

cool, my place for 7... bring beer if you want it!

Anyone else, new people welcome too!

DeV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Why not. I'm knackered but I like a good home game. Booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

I will only that I dont have a bean where abouts I'll need to get to, and my only way home is by bus to leixlip.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

so we have
    DeVore
    Amp
    casper
    luke
    ken
    muso
    and possibly Altheus

We have room for more is anyone is interested!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Shag it...

I was keeping an eye on this board all week as tonight was the first friday in ages that I was free. I didn't spot anything so I went and made other plans...

Shag it...

viking

P.S. Dev, what part of Dublin is your gaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Would anyone object to having a mini-learning game tonight?
    Play as normal but when you fold, keep your cards and at the end of the hand have a discussion of who did what and why...

just a suggestion, see you all at 7

I loike rent a condo in d4 loike... (waterloo road :) )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I would have been interested too, but also made other plans a couple of hours ago. Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Just realised I'm in work till nine, can make it out for ten, but I'd presume the game would be well underway bu then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I can probably get down there for 7 - 7.30 if you still have room.

no problem...still spaces...

DeV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

OK see you around 7 so.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

hey...I'm interested too. I don't know how to get there, and it's a bit late now, but if you see this, PM me with directions and I'll turn up but if not maybe next time!!

I'm working in here in grand canal dock till seven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

In the interests of fairness I think you should let the rest of us know how the game went. Who were the winners and losers?

We played several feezeouts where the top 4 won the bottom 4's 10 euro and then we'd restart. It was a lot of fun and nice and fast. I was in the money for 2 out of 3 of them, Luke wasnt quite so lucky neither was Ken Cleary. TwoSheds did well on the night as did Casper (iirc!).

Then we played a game down to the last one and it was between Ken Cleary and Conor (Twosheds Jackson)... Ken's luck wasnt in that night and after a valiant stand Conor took the top prize.

We played some one-hand Omaha for a euro each and I made my nights profit from that!

Muso and I took lumps off each other with balls out bluffs and intoxicated as I was throughout the night the pair of us falling about them place enjoying our poker like kids!

It was a bit of a crazy night's poker but Twosheds kept a cool head despite getting crappy cards most of the night and when he got them they stood up for him. Fair dues!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

The home game was a great laugh...thanks to all who made me welcome. It was good practice for tactics, counting outs, bluffing etc. in a non-pressure environment (you had a 50% chance of getting your money back, not bad)

I played more poker this weekend then in my whole life...first the game on friday, then finishing in the top 4 in sunday's early tournament in the Fitz and thus winning a ticket to Monday's €100 freezeout game. Managed to finish around 12th in that, Lafortezza killed me with two unbelievable check-raises, I still have a lot to learn!!

Here's to more Holdem

Neal

Originally posted by DeVore
    I was in the money for 2 out of 3 of them, Luke wasnt quite so lucky neither was Ken Cleary. TwoSheds did well on the night as did Casper (iirc!).
    DeV.
    Lies! I finished in the money twice out of three, and then made the mother of all comebacks from 1 single 25 chips to 3rd stack out of 5. I got caught by KenCleary IIRC who went on to be edged by twoshedsjackson heads up.

I don't think I've ever played poker with as much trash talk as that! I had to watch myself in the Fitz later in the weekend, almost shouted "The lieing fcuk has none of that!!" several times.

I slowplayed the nut flush against Neal's two pair in the €100 game, luckily he bet into me and I was just praying he wasn't underbetting the full house and luring me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

Yes - that comeback lafortezza had from a single 25 chip was something amazing .... jammy b*stard :)

Originally posted by casper-
    Yes - that comeback lafortezza had from a single 25 chip was something amazing .... jammy b*stard :)
    All skill my American friend...all skill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think he's canadian. You're in fucking trouble now.

Originally posted by lafortezza
    All skill my American friend...all skill...

Oh you're so dead the next time I see you. You're lucky you're not in my heat this month ;)

Originally posted by DapperGent

That's right. Let me go find my attack beaver :)

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Not the brightest button today are we? He's obviously American, he was saying how much he admires G Bush at DeV's home game the last day...

*This* time I'll insert a smilie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Originally posted by casper-
    That's right. Let me go find my attack beaver :)
    frickin hoser!

FAG ROCK!!!!!!

I just felt someone should add it....

DeV.

Advertisement