Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Camcorder to buy?

Options
  • 29-04-2004 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Im in the market for a camcorder. I am blinded by all the different formats e.g. Mini DV, Hi-8 etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject?
    What would you recommend?
    Which format is the best?

I am looking for one thats compact. I also would like a flip out screen.

All info appreciated.

Thanks a million...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

PS. I have a budget of 400 euros roughly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Get a sony or canon and dont get anything that is not Mini DV

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

With a budget of 400 euro it'll be hard to find a decent one I would imagine. leonotron is right though, don't get anything less then Mini DV. Have a search around frst and see what models actually cost less then 400 euro. Then ask people to comment on there experiences with them. I don't think you'll find many new ones for 400 euro. You might have to go second hand.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

thanks Lump. Yeah, i thought that alright.

I think Dunnes had a special offer on a Sharp one a month ago - dont know if ye heard. 399 in Dunnes - 599 in Argos.

I will search around, thats all i can afford at the moment.

Take a look at this place http://www.bhphotovideo.com I got a kick ass sony camera there fro 1500 as opposed to 2800 in the sony centre. You might get a better deal if you buy from there. Make sure you look foa a pal camera though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That url doesn't work for me.

John

link works now, i had a comma in by accident

Advertisement