Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini LCD displays

Options
  • 28-04-2004 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭

anyone know where I could find mini lcd displays, like the ones they have on checkouts in tescos or on new fancy touch screen cash registers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Spacedog,

i cant locate the little buggers!!! i searched before on embedded linux and i got a few companies selling them.

from my simple understanding..there are some companies selling raw lcd screens 4 inches and up but also a complete solution. the latter is what i assume you ar elooking for. they seem to be ranging from 150 dollars and up.

hope this helps a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

google for "crystalfontz" and "matrix orbital". the latter has a special deal going on at the moment. bear in mind that their prices are canadian dollars and not us.

having said that, i don't really like the LCDs on either. i want one that takes up most of the drive bay facia, not just an LCD in the middle of one with annoying cruft or plain plastic taking up most of the facia. i only started looking in earnest yesterday and was about to post here on boards to see if anyone had ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

there's also V.L. System LIS 2 USB LCD

it's reviewed on 3dgameman
    http://www.3dgameman.com/vr/vl_system/lis2/video_review_03.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

You can purchase these ones @ eksitdata in Sweden. Links to reviews, etc. also. As some of the reviews state, try out the LIS program first to make sure the LCD can display what you want it to. You can get it at the manufacturers site.

Advertisement