Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[BSOP - Boards.ie Open] Heats & Finalists

Options
  • 27-04-2004 12:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The heats for the 2004 BSOP Boards.ie Open have been drawn - thanks to Dev for the seatings.

Heat 1

Amp
    Iago
    Casper
    Gerire
    Musician
    Devore
    Quozl
    Henbane
    Kencleary
    Hobart

Heat 2

Lafortezza
    Decker
    Davey Devil
    Samson
    TrickyD

Kevin R
    DapperGent
    TCP/IP
    Whiteshadow
    Dropsy

Heat 3

Altheus
    Mickste
    Hyzepher
    Karl H
    Spiritus

TwoShedsJackson
    Krusty_clown
    Waylander
    Edser
    MrPudding

Finalists
    Musician
    Iago
    Kencleary
    Tricky D
    Samson
    Davey Devil
    Hyzepher
    Karl H
    Spiritus

I am assuming that Dev will host Heat 1, lafortezza heat 2 and MrPudding heat 3. Let me know if this is ok or changing.

Heat 1 is to be played during the week ending 9/5
    Heat 2 is to be played during the week ending 16/5
    Heat 3 is to be played during the week ending 23/5

The final will be played the week ending 30/5

Any issues with the heats - PM me!!

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

*Should* be no problems wih me hosting Heat 2, I'm guessing Saturday the 15th. An early start if possible, hopefully around 5pm. Lots of people I don't know as well, so I'll be sending pms around to sor it out.

Heat 1 looks like a battle of the titans!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Shouldnt be a problem, I'll let the lads know... Never thought about Amp... he's half hosting this too :dunno:

Heat 1 looks a bit f*ckin' rough! Theres 6 out of the 9 that could easily qualify... Heat 3 isnt too pleasant either, at least 5 decent players... Amp should have no problems with Heat 2 though... :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I have my finals from the 4th - 11th May, so I'll be unable to compete during that time period. After that I'm a free man for life to play poker as I please. Hope you can put me in one of the later qualifiers if that's ok. Cheers.

I'm not sure if you can move me or not but I need to study - damn college. If you can move me that's great - if it's a problem don't worry about it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh I'm sure that since you let us know that constraint beforehand we can accomodate you somehow eh Mr Moderator... yes I think I can see a heat which might be in need of a certain amount of *balancing*... so two birds with one stone eh? Good good.

Please excuse me now... I really have to go get this grin wiped off my face.

DeV.
    [edit] all joking aside, if you moved Amp to Heat 1 and DD to Heat 2 that would sort out the host issue and DD's exam clash... just a thought[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Sounds good, got a tricky one. I dont have any college exams coming up, so if that makes it easier of anyone, i could swap heats :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I will be going for Sat 22nd. I too will be hoping for an early start. I expect play to begin 1730.

Rules. We need them. We will have to sort out blinds and level changes in advance and they will need to be the same accross all heats. We will also need mis-deal policies and all the other ****. What do we do if someone doesn't turn up? deal to the stack? Can we have a dealer for each heat? Would people not playing in a heat be will to deal?

I know you've thought of all this Hyzepher but we should get the details up as soon as possible so we can iron out any issues.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

I'm afraid i too am doing the same exams as davey devil.
    if there's anyway someone will swap in heat 2 or 3 i'd be grateful.

heat 1 doesn't look that tough...........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Sorry Davey - my fault I forgot about your exams.

I have switched Davey & Mickste into other groups - AMp & Henbane into heat 1

Also I am compiling a list of rules/structure at the moment and these will be posted by the end of this week.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The heats are obviously seeded with me being the top seed I see :)

Seriously though, I'm doing exams as well but as long as heat one is on either Thursday 6th or Saturday 8th I'll be fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ah lovely - nice easy group. I should say to chip in that in case people have problems hosting I can offer my gaf as backup.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by lafortezza
    *Should* be no problems wih me hosting Heat 2, I'm guessing Saturday the 15th. An early start if possible, hopefully around 5pm. Lots of people I don't know as well, so I'll be sending pms around to sor it out.

Just in case you have any difficulty with your pad Luke, I'll volunteer my place as substitute poker room.*

*Provided people are brave enough to venture out to my neck of the woods.

Hobart has been added to heat 1 - all three heats have 10 players.

Hyzepher

Where is the monthly final being held? Should I qualify I will hold it in my gaff if that is acceptable.

MrP

Need to see who the finalists are first as some may not want to host a game that they are not invoved in - but if you are offering regardless then great.

Hyzepher

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Should I qualify I will hold it in my gaff if that is acceptable.

MrP

Of course I fully intend to qualify.

MrP

Advertisement