Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB clipboard copy question

Options
  • 27-04-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Basically I've greated a form with a textbox and a command button. I'd like to have a command button for copying the text in the textbox to thte clipboard for pasting into other applications(e.g. notepad)

I've tried this but it doesn't work
    Clipboard.SetText text1.text

it will add the text in the textbox to the clipboard and allow me to paste it but only in the form that I've designed, not outside that app(again, not in notepad)

Any idea's where I'm screwing up?

Oh, this isn't a college thing, just something I'm playing around with myself :)... Incase that matters...

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 feakle

there's no reason for the code not to work, but you need to ensure you clear the clipboard (clipboard.clear) before setting the text.

Advertisement