Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeons & Dragons - The 80's Cartoon Series

Options
  • 27-04-2004 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Is going to be available to buy on DVD soon, HERE.

Yes, you read that right.
    Christ, I think a few people here can feel my excitement about the prospects of watching that again after so long!

[Edit]That's just volume 1 I linked to, there's also Volume 2 and The Complete Box Set.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

"Isn't that right dungeon-master... where'd he go?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

OMG!!! What a cartoon. Cant believe I still remember that :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I always wanted the invisibility cloak...mmm, fun times to be had with that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wuhoo! I can be ultra-nerdy for my 2,000th post by pointing out that I always had a problem with this series being called "Dungeons & Dragons" because technically, the Dungeon Master should have said (given the character classes used):"Welcome to the world of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition incorporating the Unearthed Arcana expansion set!" Bit of a mouthful, but he'd have been more accurate, the dozy git.

Apparently the characters are immortalised in a room in Baldur's Gate as a series of painting, detailing the fact that the characters never got home (as it was in the series).

I can't believe this is my 2,000th post already. I do have a life. Honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Finally i can delete my mpegs of all the episodes! My favorite childhood cartoon:) Ixoy bobby and hank i think it is are in hanging in pictures in Baldurs Gate 2. You can also find hanks lightning bow as a usable weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bah, complete set's not out til September.

I'm surprised you could get them all on mpeg Logie. I tried to get the M.A.S.K. episodes but nobody had them. Maybe if I ever got DC++ to work properly it might have been a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Great to see more and more old cartoons on DVD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You know that other thread on this board about your childhood crush? My childhood crush was Hank the Ranger.

No wonder I grew up to be the way I am...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hank really should've gone for dual-wielding. Nothing like two +5 keen rapiers with improved critical and Bane/Death of enemies feats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

One of my favourite cartoons ever! And I've just bought myself a dvd player so my collection of retro toons is gonna soar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

When I first got Sky digital, they were showing it all the time on Fox kids..

I think they show Mask on late at nights now...

But I find M*A*S*K to be a bit rubish these days... that bloody Teebob... always getting into trouble...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by monkeyfudge
    But I find M*A*S*K to be a bit rubish these days
    *Points you to my avatar* Wanna say that to my face? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The only thing that bugged me was that blasted unicorn - "Uni" making that screaming noise!! Or maybe thats what unicorns sounded like!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yes... why oh why does every cartoon have to have an annoying character who always gets into trouble...

I didn't like them when I was a kid, and I don't like them now...

that stupid knight robot in Jayce
    Nono in Ulysses
    Wheelie in Transformers
    Scooter in Go-bots

Can anyone think of some more?

Cities of Gold had that parrot thing.. but it didn't get much screen time..

oh oh what about :

Slimer in Ghostbusters
    Orko in He-man
    That weird gopher guy in Braveheart
    The stupidist racoon guy in the racoons and the piggies too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

That weird gopher guy in Braveheart
    I take it you mean Bravestarr...

ooooooops ur right!! :p

Advertisement