Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 17: Hatchery

Options
  • 26-04-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Ok episode nothing great, kinda spotted the liquid thingy early.

good character development again between reid and the lead maco. and nice reference to the eugenics war on earth.

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What data said

4/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I'm so confused these days :( Did the eugenics war actually happen? Voyager seems to suggest nay while Enterprise says yay... Other than that though tonight was reasonable but like the majority of the episodes in this season it felt like filler to stretch out a rather simple story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im getting to stage where if i miss an ep of enterprise, i will not be "too" bothered about it. Some day this might get good but for now its pretty crap to be honest. I recently started watching Babylon 5 from the begining. Im about to start Season 5 and i have to say its far superior to Enterprise and "possibly" to Startrek as a whole because the story continues every week with very few "filler" episodes in between. The stories usually continue from the last episode. Im hooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

Don't miss it next week they are showing two new episodes: Azati Prime and Damage.

BTW The Hatchery was a very average episode (5/10)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yes every1 watch it next week - to amazing episodes comming up.

As for this week..

Like most ppl said. ok episode not great some char develpment.

The Eujenics wars DID happen there where mentioned in every star trek seris though the date for them starting is 1996 or possibly 99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Round Cable
    Don't miss it next week they are showing two new episodes: Azati Prime and Damage.

they are showing both episodes next week are they? thats cool

You know what i hate - Damm 6/7 parters like twards the end of DS9 we have to deal with the same here from what ive heard - tho i havent read my plot myself and i dont want 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Terrible episode missed the first couple of second while getting the dinner so i missed the stuff in the face but the thing is that in star trek terms he was very right and the crew were way too hostile to saving some babies and it would have gone long way to help change the other races opinon of them and at the end when i found out about the spray i was just very irritated

worst episode I've seen sofar

No the crew where right - torch the whole place then go to Anazti Prime. It would have been a short episode but a brillent 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

lol

Yea, I thought that the crew were way too harsh about letting them all die. But is was a bit "future Starfleet" of Archer to be tryin' to save them. Kinda thought that maybe he was secretly going to infect the eggs with some virus or something, and not telling the crew so as they couldn't be blamed for it. I only just copped the spray in the face thing when the little insects (which were cool) started walking all over him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Just watched it now...

Easily the worst episode of the season so far, possibly even the worst Enterprise I've sat through ever.
    The spray thing was PAINFULLY obvious. I hated that they took off their helmets in the first place, esp. when we saw Reed & Trip open, but not remove the helmets. I mean it was an alien environment with goo dripping from the ceiling & they happily remove their protective headgear? Really didn't like that.
    Plus the fact that Reed, Trip & T'Pol were standing right there when Archer got sprayed, and it didn't occur to any of them when he started acting strange that it might be the cause. Even Phlox never mentioned it.
    I don't mind that they want a few filler non-arc heavy episodes before Azati Prime, but jeez the writing on this one stunk.

1/10

The 1 mark goes to Mayweather remarking that the ship doesn't really like him. Fine he meant the Xindi ship, but I took it to mean Enterprise ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I did wonder about the Eugenics reference too...
    It was sposda happen in the 1990s right?

Voyager were in 1996. No war.
    Enterprise were in 2004 earlier this season. No war.

I'd love them to try & pin it down what with all the time-travel episodes. Pity Archer & T'Pol didn't touch down in the middle of the Eugenics War in 2004. That might've been nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eugenics war was 1992 - 1996 apparently L.A was spared. there is some very good books on the eugenics war the rise and fall of kahn noonien singh. they talk about the war how it happened but that it was a mainly unknown conflict by the normal people and the author put the events of the time like a chemical fire in india i think down to the eugenics war it was very well done and worth the read. not sure exactly how well it fits in though with them taking over a quarter of the planet and plunging it into a terrible conflict but still

data

At 1 time didnt Khan Rule over 1/3rd of earth? He was a God a prince a emperor with power over millions perhaps billions - how i would like to hav ethat much power.

Originally posted by TCamen

I'd love them to try & pin it down what with all the time-travel episodes. Pity Archer & T'Pol didn't touch down in the middle of the Eugenics War in 2004. That might've been nice...

U think thats odd - how do u think they will explain that 10th planet in our system are we honestly supposed to belive that they havent discoverd it by the 24th centuary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I really thought this ep was pathetic. You could see the plot a mile, a lightyear away.

Advertisement