Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when does a lotto ticket 'expire'

Options
  • 26-04-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just wondering if you have to claim lotto winnings within a certain time period. Just found a couple of tickets from last year that would get me a few scratchies if they're still valid :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand 90 days for Lotto. I imagine 90 days after the end of the "game" with scratch cards. What does it say on the ticket? or www.lotto.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Ahh...it is there on the back of the ticket after all. Yep...90 days.

Thanks victor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

what if the shop has the tickets in stock that are more than 90days old?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Lenny
    what if the shop has the tickets in stock that are more than 90days old?
    They rotate the games so this doesn't happen. I imagine a game period ends long after the first tickets are sold and they only make enough tickets to last most of the expected game period. If there is a fixed end date on a ticket (say a Christams one), they simply return the excess stock. Otherwise they just extend the game period.

Advertisement