Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone here ordered from dvdsoon?

Options
  • 26-04-2004 6:55pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, before I cash in a big order, has anyone here used dvdsoon? Are they reliable? I like their promise of free shipping but am wary also. And have you been done for VAT on any of your orders from them? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I've used them about five times. They're a fairly reliable bunch (except when it comes to their stock list.. they list many things as being "On hand" (in stock), but when you finally complete your order, they change to "On order". This can add another few days to your delivery time.)

Their free delivery is standard post, so you'll be waiting about a week or two for it. I tend to eschew this in favour of first class post. Even with the extra postage, they sometimes work out cheaper than playusa/cdwow.

Never been done for VAT from them, but like I said, I've only used them about five times.

Edit: I should maybe point out that they're generally the first place I check when I want to order a R1 DVD. Which I guess is a pretty good testimonial as I could possibly give.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

50+ dvds in last 6 months, they are my primary source of R1 dvds, never had a problem
    fantastic quick shipping (about 4 days on average), single dvds get shipped in a jiffy bag, whereas they box and pad bigger sets or multiple items
    oh, and they ship separately even when you place a bigger order (max 8 items per order)
    they charge the CC immediately so not so ideal for preorders, if you cancel - only store credit
    great store

edit: VAT - never been charged by customs for DVDs, and this was for some big boxsets too (from asia too, not just dvdsoon). Generally - anything less than 200E they don't care (at least that's my experience) - however this is different with currier services (like fedex etc)
    edit2: don't forget that it's in CAD which is even cheaper than USD, about 1.6 to 1 for euro conversion
    btw, there's a nice long thread on thedvdforums.com which is updated by posters as someone spots a fantastic price on some item (which happens a lot on dvdsoon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

OK, I'm convinced. I'm going shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I order all my R1 dvds from them.
    Like Obey says, sometimes it can be misleading about what's in stock, and you could be waiting weeks for an order to be posted. They seem to have improved things though so it doesn't take as long.

Usually when it's been shipped I get it in about 4 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement