Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag

Options
  • 26-04-2004 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the right place to post but I’ve posted it on a few forums to get the best result.

I wonder if anybody can help me. I’m organising a Stag’s for my mate (I’m the Best Man) in August/September and I’m looking for ideas and suggestions as what to do. I was thinking about maybe doing Quad-biking or something like that, I’m not really into paintballing as we’ve all done it before, but I’m totally up for and suggestions, especially if someone has done the activity themselves. We’re all from Dublin so we’ll be looking to head down the country somewhere. The thing is though, as we’ll be heading down from Dublin we’d need the Quad-Biking place or whatever it ends up being, to be close to a fairly lively town for obvious reasons.

I’d be REALLY grateful for any help with this, websites of adventure sports places and the like. I’ve done a Google but didn’t have a lot of luck.

Thanks in Advance,

B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

http://www.delphiadventureholidays.ie/

Doesn't cite quad-biking, and off the beaten path

http://www.doolinlodge.com/
    Again off the beaten path (i.e. in the middle of nowhere), and perhaps more of a family place

http://www.dunmoreadventure.com/about_us.htm
    More sea based stuff, but does include power boating.

http://www.eastcoastadventure.com/
    A good place to start.

Give Fáilte Ireland a buzz and ask for the guys in charge of outdorr pursuits. There is a section there and they are pretty cool about sending out information to you.

Hope there is some use there

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

go karting is always a bit of craic specially when you have had a teeney bit to drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Amsterdam is always a good place for a Stag, just don't tell the bride to be!

Edinburgh is somewhere I reckon would be great for a stag. I've been over there a good few times and it never disappoints. One of the greatest cities in the world for going on a session and you can get pretty cheap flights too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Caliden
    go karting is always a bit of craic specially when you have had a teeney bit to drink :D

How about paint ball surely there's a place near to a big town?
    tis good craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I recommend you go to Leeds and get pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

have a look at this: http://www.chillisauce.co.uk/Corporate-Events/Ireland/

it's a UK based company, but they offer the following events in ireland:
    Spy Mission
    The Spy mission is a fun, interactive, team development event, designed to test any team's planning, delegation, communication and time & team management
    Ratings: Corporate Events 9/10

Its A Knockout
    This is your chance to relive and take part in the all time classic TV program “It’s a Knockout”, using all the original props. If you still
    Ratings: Corporate Events 9/10 Extreme 4/10 Unique 8/10 Cost 8/10

Shampoo Spy Treasure Hunt
    Shampoo Spy is effectively a treasure hunt undertaken in the back of your very own stretched limousine. But for this one we’ll be doing it Shampoo Spy
    Ratings: Corporate Events 9/10 Extreme 5/10 Unique 5/10 Cost 5/10

Clay Pigeon Shooting
    Our clay pigeon shooting grounds cater for everyone from the absolute beginner to the pro shooter. You will be coached throughout the session, by an expert
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 5/10 Unique 6/10 Cost 7/10

Multi Activity Day
    Pick and mix activities like Honda Pilots, Clay shooting, add in a few teambuilding activties and you have a day that will keep everybody happy including the
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 5/10 Unique 5/10 Cost 5/10

Field Sports
    Join the shooting set by donning your plus fours and heading out to the country for a competitive day determining whether you would be one of the hunters, or
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 5/10 Unique 6/10 Cost 7/10

Off Road 4x4 Driving
    Depending on which of our many centres you use, you will experience driving through some extreme terrain, with mud baths, deep water and extreme inclines,
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 6/10 Unique 7/10 Cost 6/10

Quad Bikes
    Quad bikes were originally designed for farmers and are in essence, rugged four-wheeled motorbikes. There are several formats to these activities so think over
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 8/10 Unique 7/10 Cost 7/10

Zorbing
    Zorbing and Sphereing (essentially the same thing), are is one of the most unusual and popular extreme sports to come the UK courtesy of our antipodean
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 5/10 Unique 5/10 Cost 5/10

Motor Sports
    Whether you just want a fun day driving weird and wacky vehicles, are hunting for a competitive event that'll seperate the Schumachers from the Sunday drivers,
    Ratings: Corporate Events 8/10 Extreme 7/10 Unique 6/10 Cost 5/10
    even if they don't do it from Ireland they should be able to put you on to the right people for the activity you want.

and you said you googled. :rolleyes: http://www.google.com/search?q=stag+events+ireland&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

a few guys from work went to england... cant remember exactly were, but i think it was near newcastle, but they went JCB racing.... they said it was a great day out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    http://www.delphiadventureholidays.ie/

WTF? that goes to microsoft, what is bill gates up to, hes assimilating delphi :ninja:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    WTF? that goes to microsoft, what is bill gates up to, hes assimilating delphi :ninja:

Stop using IE and correct the mistake in the url and your sorted :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Was at one in Letterkenny on Saturday. Wall to wall skirt. Counted 6 different hen nights in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Stop using IE and correct the mistake in the url and your sorted :D

im using firefox and i didnt notice any mistake

Advertisement