Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MURS 3:16 the 9th Edition

Options
  • 24-04-2004 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Picked it up yesterday, along with SA Smash (which I'm bringing back for DJX3...no comment).

First off, the work MURS went too to get 9th Wonder on board for the album payed off.
    The production is top notch, it's got a great jazzy/bluesy feel in every song that does suit what MURS raps about in the album.
    It's a pleasure just to listen to the beats, I'm of the opinon that 9th is the main attraction of the album.

MURS...is MURS, I'm not overall extatic with the songs on it.
    Some of the tracks are great, 3:16's a good solid track, H.U.S.T.L.E's just funny as hell, as is Trevor an' Them and Walk Like a Man is a great track.
    But others are a bit of an effort. Freak These Tales is I've skipped almost everytime I've listened to the album.

The only other problem I have with the album is the length. 10 songs!! Come on! I wanted more! Much more!

Overall, it's a solid album, it's no classic though, with a good laid back vibe to the whole album (thanks to MURS' flow, and 9th's brillant production) with MURS spittin' his usual real life raps (check out H.U.S.T.L.E for a great example of that) and I need to check out some more of 9th's stuff.
    I'd recommend getting it if your a fan of MURS, if you've never heard him before you'd be better picking up some older stuff first I think.
    3.5 out of 5

One last thing for anyone who's actually got it, who is that on 3:16?!?
    Please tell me that's not Snoop Dogg...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Only got this recently and its getting alot of play, the beats really suit Murs and 9th does a great job as usual, they're a very good combo, id agree about the shortness of the album, its only 35 minutes ffs! especially as its such a good album, you just want it to keep going.

The only song that lets it down is Trevor an' Them imo, 3:16 is a great track, The Pain is a very soulfull track, H.U.S.T.L.E has a great beat and good story telling, Murs is able to switch from being quite funny on some tracks to seriousness on The Pain and Walk like a man.

Overall id give it 4/5, definatly worth a listen if you want to hear some quality beats and intellegent, humorous lyrics.

Dunno who's on 3:16, dont think its Snoop tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think it is Snoop.

Advertisement