Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i, we, you, they

Options
  • 24-04-2004 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

i am currently restructuring my thesis, and i have to remove all the i, we, your, you, they, us, references, what the hell do i replace them with? i am **** poor at grammer and stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

usually add the "one" reference. I.e. "one is not amused" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Why do you have to replace them? Give us an example!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

How long is your thesis?

you may forward it to me, pm me, and I will take a look at it for you. I may be able to offer some advice.
    When is it due?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Originally posted by luckat
    Why do you have to replace them? Give us an example!

Standard academic writing. Using personal pronouns detracts from the "seriousness" of the piece apparently. Wild_eyed, you should have received training/instruction on this before you started? Must be an undergrad programme I'd guess. Where is it out of a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

it's my degree in it management in dundalk. it's ok all it need was a good proof reading. and replacing the me's with we's etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    it's my degree in it management in dundalk. it's ok all it need was a good proof reading. and replacing the me's with we's etc.

You consider your thesis to be creative writing?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    i am currently restructuring my thesis, and i have to remove all the i, we, your, you, they, us, references, what the hell do i replace them with? i am **** poor at grammer and stuff.
    awesome , now that is modern art

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

it's got agood story.

Advertisement