Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro-friendly North?

Options
  • 23-04-2004 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

A number of shops (mainly Off-Licences) accept the Euro in my Area (South Derry) and BT phones are set-up to accept the Euro. The Border towns and Cities accept them.. but there is still areas where it would be rejected.

Should be the North be more Euro-friendly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

Who honestly cares? You are trying to get more people back to read the North Boards but i can be sure that most of those that read these boards do not wish to read such tripe as this you have posted. Yes everyone might have have an opinion on it but like most people are late teens and if they have money in their pockets its hardly gonna be euros anyways.

Sure it would cost much more money to convert all the tills to allow both euro and sterling than it will ever gain in bringing tourism to the north. In a few years time, most of the shops will have bought tills that accept both currencies anyway. Presently Safeways in cookstown, you can use either currency as the tills are brand new. Any new shops that do open will have these such tills. Eventually all shops will have them its only a matter of time.

But please in future if you are going to start a thread to discuss something make it more teen friendly, dont forget there are some people out there incapable of discussing a topic never mind knowing what the euro is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Yes, Johnny i agree completely, and i quote : "There is only two things i can't stand in this world: people who are ignorant of other cultures, and the dutch".

P.S. Muzz, Counter admining an admin ! Muzz for north boards!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Roffle dan. It's true, he's angling for an admin spot!

YEAH DAMN RIGHT THE NORTH SHOULD BE MORE EURO FRIENDLY! (mainly cus it would be handier for me! :p )

Before i read muzz comment, i was going to say that north boards seem to be swaying towards talkingpoints threads. and in fairness people do seem to be reacting with posts. So it may be different but its gettin people posting again.

Damn your admin ingenuity Johnny! I thought id managed to drive everybody away with my mindless babling! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

I feel the love muzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Teen friendly? Heavens, are teens the only ones who read the boards? Could've fooled me!

What are the main differences in day-to-day living between Northern Ireland and the Republic, by the way?

• Advertisement

The Grass is Greener on the other side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

You can fart without fear in the Republic of Donegal.

P.

See paddy20 that might be funny if you were not a complete <insert whatever>. (My original opinion on you had to be retracted for the fear of getting banned once again.) My advice to you stay away from posting pointless threads and maybe the attention you gain may not be for such stupidity! Comment on the subject! Fool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

well, I for one would like to see the Euro used more friendly.

Even if it was more acceptable in the major towns - Cookstown, Antrim, etc

Personally, I do not buy in the parts of Northern Ireland. Where they do not accept Euros. The same as I never purchased anything in any part that did not accept Punt's.

Maybe, one day those twisted sick and bigoted twats, might cop themselves on and join the real world, although I for one will not be holding my breath.

It has always been and will remain Strabane & Derry for me, where at least I have something in common with the people.

As for you Muzz , well I just stick people like you on my ignore list.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Personally, I do not buy in the parts of Northern Ireland. Where they do not accept Euros. The same as I never purchased anything in any part that did not accept Punt's.

Maybe, one day those twisted sick and bigoted twats, might cop themselves on and join the real world, although I for one will not be holding my breath.

It has always been and will remain Strabane & Derry for me, where at least I have something in common with the people.

As for you Muzz , well I just stick people like you on my ignore list.

P.

What the **** are you talking about. How is it sick and twisted to refuse to accept illegal tender. Its would be equivalent to calling people in the south who refused to accept sterling sick and twisted. You're the one who won't use the queens pound.

I have never refused to accept Sterling. Gimme, gimme, gimme.. please :D:p :cool:

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah. If you try to use Euros in Belfast, they *will* laugh at you, the only exception I can think of is one of thos clothes chains that have a lot of shops in the south, but I can't think of their name.

They'll accept your euros near the border though, and similarly, no-one in Donegal is going to turn down perfectly good sterling. Why not? Because when we're brought up, we're told that if they have sterling/dollars you can rip them off!

Lol the less said about you Paddy the best. It seems you are merely a waste of air.

Boston i dont know where your point of view is comming from because why should the South of Ireland accept the "Queens" Pound. She is a muppet aswell you know. The fact you come out with such hypocrisy towards Paddy lowers you to that clowns level. You should respect yourself more.

It wasnt a matter of Should the North accept the Euro? It was Should the North become more Euro-friendly. Maybe you guys missed the point? Hopefully now you can understand what the discussion was to bring about. Nothing about bigotry what so ever so in future maybe you both should read the title twice and understand it before you jump in with a totally new subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Muzz
    Lol the less said about you Paddy the best. It seems you are merely a waste of air.

Boston i dont know where your point of view is comming from because why should the South of Ireland accept the "Queens" Pound. She is a muppet aswell you know. The fact you come out with such hypocrisy towards Paddy lowers you to that clowns level. You should respect yourself more.

What the hell are you taking about. Go read my post. and reply with something which is easier for me to understand. Like what point to yo uactually disagree with. I didn't call the queen a muppet. And where have I been hypocritical.

Did i say that you called her a muppet? I said she is a muppet therefore i would be calling her a muppet! Hopefully now you understand that. And the fact that your being hypocritical towards Paddy in the sense that you are implying that the south SHOULD accept the queens pound! Its sterling and you are bringing into this discussion the queen which you no fine rightly, catholics wish nothing more to do with her than need be.

And if you have a further problem with this post ive made how about you pm me as this has nothing to do with "A MORE EURO FRIENDLY NORTH"

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Originally posted by johnny el fox
    in the major towns - Cookstown, Antrim, etc

There we go. Irrifutible proof from a derry man that Cookstown is a MAJOR town, all the residents knew it, but no non cookstownians would ever stick their necks out and recognise the truth.

I saulte you Johnny, salam (as they say in the middle east!)

(P.s. No mention of magherafelt ;):p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭fattakin

Muzz cracks me up
    But please in future if you are going to start a thread to discuss something make it more teen friendly, dont forget there are some people out there incapable of discussing a topic never mind knowing what the euro is.

Pure genius

Then he starts telling others not to post in this thread if its off topic, when his whole ramble was off topic
    maybe you both should read the title twice and understand it before you jump in with a totally new subject.

best laugh in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

> Before people have a bitching match with each other <dot><dot><dot>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement