Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babylon 5 - Season 4 box set (R2)

Options
  • 23-04-2004 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

Got this delivered from play this morning. They've revamped the packaging so the dreaded loose disks are gone forever. The packaging is thicker though so the 5 on the side is bigger than the other box sets. I can live with that though. Each disk comes in it's own slim plastic dvd box so it's easier to take the disks out without worrying about destroying the box.

Quality is much improved over previous seasons and the bass is much clearer this time round so my subwoofer rumbles approvingly. :D

Looking forward to the commentary with Peter Jurasik, pity they couldn't get Andreas Katsulas to do it too would have loved to have seen some banter between the two. They owned scenes they were in and together were unstoppable. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

See here's my dilemna. I have Seasons 1 and 2. But I don't feel I should watch any until I have all five seaosons. I'll also need to pick up "The Gathering". But that's expensive to collect and may take time (I can get the R1 editions if I want all five seasons now).

Should I wait or begin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I space it out, there's such a long wait before releases in R2 that I watch only 1 or two episodes a week. It depends on you i suppose, are you gonna go on a huge B5 bender once you get all 5? If you get 3 and 4 now and start watching you could be done by the time season 5 comes out.

Personally I've never bought R1 but you should be able to get em cheap with the good exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Watch it now, you're only torturing yourself otherwise. Have a bender, then keep having bender after bender till you go without food in order to buy a Season 3 boxset :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Kevok - they work out about €53 a season on dvdsoon.com. That's pretty good as it includes posting and packaging (you may or may not get done for vat). Their boxed set of "The Gathering"/"In the Beginning" is pretty cheap too so I might buy myself a present this weekend and have a marathon some time!

Since you understand the need for B5 completion - are you going to pick up the other three B5 movies when they're released? What about 'Crusade'? It's not a great show but to be a completist...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Definately, it won't have Legend of the Rangers on it though which was alright if you disregard the way they fired their weapons.

I liked Crusade as much as I liked the first season of B5 if not more, it was far less standalonish and the two episodes after the last one were excellent from the scripts that are on the net. So yeah I'll be getting crusade.

€53 is incredible value assuming you get by customs, S4 set me back €60 on play (still better than the €120 you'll pay in HMV :rolleyes:) so I'd say treat yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Excellent news about Season 4 on on R2, even though season 3 the high point.
    FYI I spotted the DVDs for 79€ in Virgin.
    Re: Crusade, is that storyline finished off by any book?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Kevok
    Definately, it won't have Legend of the Rangers on it though which was alright if you disregard the way they fired their weapons.

The kung fu weapon firing in LoTR was the worst idea I have ever seen in any scfi fi movie ever made. B5 is the best sci fi show ever made in mho, but LoTR was just bad tv.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

You probably shouldnt call it LoTR on a sci-fi/Fantasy forum. Lord of the Ring's people are likely to take offence...

I really cant afford to buy this at all, but so desperatly want to see all episodes in one gigantic Babylon 5 sitting.

Anyone know if you can rent this, if so, where?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Season 1 is just £17.99 on play.com at the moment.

http://play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/728392/Babylon_5_Series_1_Box_Set/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nice find

• Advertisement
Advertisement