Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to play Neverwinter Nights online?

Options
  • 22-04-2004 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

To receive notification in your email about upcoming games in Ireland which
    you can join, send a blank email to

nwn-ie-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

if at any stage you wish to stop receiving notifications mail

nwn-ie-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Games are currently being played weekly or twice weekly, and in case this
    was putting you off, contrary to rumour Neverwinter Nights is perfectly
    playable over a 56k modem. (though you would be advised to stop the
    interminable downloading of the latest XP patch while you are playing).

If email lists scare you, check back here regularly for details of the latest
    games - LoLth is currently running one on most monday nights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JohnMcMahon

Hey man,

I was hoping to get in with you guys tonight but when I try to log into your game, I'm getting a 'Required Expansion Pack' message. I've got NWN and the Shadows Of Undrentide expansion, do I need the 'Hordes Of Underdark' pack as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

this is really a question for that LoLth character,
    as some modules do require HotU..

However I think that the current module doesnt need HotU, but it *does* need you to be playing v1.62 of NWN. Unfortunatley for SoU this means a great big download to sort it....

I seem to remember it being around 60 megs (!).
    If you can download this then you should be fine.

The server is still empty so if you have DSL or whatever then go for it....

Yeah, I ran the autoupdate before mailing/posting to you mate and am up to 1.62 but still getting that blasted message!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

oh...sounds like you could be buggered! As another mate of mine who also hasn't got HotU tried it and can't get on either...

when (if?) the server master shows up Im sure he'll tell the full story....

No worries, I can probably sort a copy of HotU during the week if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

John: try downloading and running th ecritical rebuild to patch up to 1.62 (hope you have a decent connection , it's a 50+ mb download , alternatively get in touch via PM and I can post a disk out to you).

None of the modules require HotU. I'm leaving it for a bit to make sure no-one gets left out. (however, HotU is well worth getting as the scenario is excellent :) ).

Mouserat: couldnt make it on Monday. (see other thread) I can start the server any other night this week though.

The group should be high enough level to start a new four aprt campaign :) Hopefully by the end of it, everyone will have HotU and we will be ready pick up some of the epic scenarios.

Advertisement