Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of world do we live in

Options
  • 22-04-2004 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Just reading an article from the Daily Mail today, I just cant believe what kind of a world we live in.

A 17 year old girl was having a fling with a boy who already had a girlfriend. One day the boy brought the girl to an area where his girlfriend & friends were waiting. First they beat her up and tortured here, then they poured petrol over her, lit a match and watch her burn alive while singing burn baby burn.

This is just sick. A sick sick world.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

omg... that is so disturbing... really... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Where was it? Got any links for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

i guess if the daily mail have a website you might find it there. Its in todays Daily Mail paper and it happened in the UK.

I know she may have been with this guy, he was the one cheating on his girlfriend, but strange he was the one that drove to this lane way where 3 girls were waiting on her.

One got life
    2 got 8 years
    1 got 5 years

Picturing it is very devasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thats fudged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

extremely fukt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

oh my got!!!!1! The daily mail is scaring people? with sensationalist half-truths!?! deary...indeed,what a world we live in...

*drip drip drip*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

So what's the real story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

They probably exaggerated it a bit.

Like she actually won the lotto or something. Then it ended up that she was murdered.

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by Karoma
    oh my got!!!!1! The daily mail is scaring people? with sensationalist half-truths!?! deary...indeed,what a world we live in...

I think the BBC is a fairly reliable source

Also in local press

more links

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

that's simply horrifying. nothing more, nothing less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

i doubt that any could say it such a sensational way as the Daily Muck.

TBH, burning "her" probably did her a service...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

yes that is quite bad, im sure there is more than 1 very bitter person out there who was cheated on and they have no sympethy for a cheater.

Personley i think it was wrong there was no reason for it - that we know off - we never get the full story about anything?

Remember the start of the iraq war?

Iraq news: we have attacked and driven the US out of the airfield
    USA news: we are holding the airfield with miminal resistence
    damm media

Cabal : Control The Media Controll The Mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by User45701
    Iraq news: we have attacked and driven the US out of the airfield
    USA news: we are holding the airfield with miminal resistence
    damm media

Cabal : Control The Media Controll The Mind

Yes but which version turned out to be the case and which was complete BS?

It was the version from the information minister of a totalitarian dictatorship which was BS wasn't it?

If you have 20 sources all giving you the same story I think it's safe enough to assume you have got the guts of it at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

In any case, regadless of the veracity of the story as told, it is indicitave that the world is slowly slipping into psychosis. People are snapping in a way like never before. Too many people, moving to fast, people slip behind the sofa cushions, through the cracks, or get trampled upon and no-one seems to care anymore. Or have time to.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

wtf ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Catch_22
    wtf ?

yeah, wtf?

there are some really ****ed up people living on this planet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    there are some really ****ed up people living on this planet
    he is even more fvcked up in real life :)

lol karoma, stop baiting boards users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Absolutely horrific crime.

However reading the details, she was asphyxiated first before being set alight, in some ham fisted attempt to hide the evidence I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

this is sicking :(:(

I really can't believe there are people out there who can actually do things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

[edit]

Comments removed,

This is not a thread about your personal opinions of travelers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Originally posted by Coney Island
    this is sicking :(:(

I really can't believe there are people out there who can actually do things like this.

I can.

The only thing that stops allot of people from doing stuff like that
    - (making a enemy suffer greatly and die horribaly)
    is the chance they may get discoverd and placed in jail or a home.

Have a look at my sig to see what i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Trolling or not you’re a sad ignorant individual. It is wrong to mock the death of another human being. Especially a child that was killed so horrifically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

I think its absolutely disgraceful,

It would be different if one person decided to kill someone, not one of those 3 or 4 people that were standing around said stop this is wrong.

Try to imagine someone you love so much been tortured, beaten, imagine the exact moment when someone is throwing petrol over you, imagine that exact moment when some strikes that match and and *ucking says burn baby burn while they light you on fire right in front of them and actually stand there to watch. Even singing there glory burn baby burn. Imagine it......how can anyone do something so terrible like that. They are not humans, they are the ones that should be burned, hanged, tortured, i find it sick. If you read these papers today you think aw well, but if it happens to someone you care about so much. These days anything can happen , you just have to be prepared.

The world we live in is upside down and its going in circles. Its maddness, crazy things are going on, this terrorism is only the start, no one is scared to bomb themselves anymore.

Ugh i am so so so *issed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭catsup

that is reprehensible. im sickened.

not that im looking for someone to blame, but how the hell were those kids raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The judge cant seem to decide which aspect of society to blame.

Beer
    Weed
    Media

horrific though...

BBC link:

"Whether it was a lethal cocktail of personality or powerful emotions driven by alcohol and cannabis or a failure to distinguish between fantasy and reality, cannot now be determined," he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭taby

I really can't believe that sum1 wud set fire to sum1 else just because they were mad at them. Ive seen girls have girl fights over guys and pull hair but ive never heard of sum1 being set on fire before.

:-(

Tis a very very f**ked up world we live in. How many lives were ruined by the stupidity and anger of those who set fire to her? Their lives were ruined and the girl is dead.

:-(

Advertisement