Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The D12 album

Options
  • 22-04-2004 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

o yeah im back

Just after listen to the new album (D12 World), have to say it is good, some good tracks, some great tracks and some u after listen to again and again before u like them

what up anyone else heard it or am i living in the future

Philip:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bu

Who else is on it? Dre,50,Obie?? Was thinkin of getting it but think il wait til there's feedback...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Where did you get it? I didnt think it was out yet........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 watsrealwatsnot

Aint heard it yet. is it on the net to be downloaded already. Is it better than their last album?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

got it on a cdr from a friend who knew i was into rap

obie and b-reel is on it and they have a mix from buggs they other member who got killed

good album i think its better than there last although i have been listen to that (devils night) for so long that im a bit fed up of it!!

ps def goin out to buy the proper copy of it for my collection!!

philip:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Its a very decent album , but i think Devils Night is slightly better. More standout songs on Devils Night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Agree with RebelRockChick,its a decent album,but Devils Night was more jaw dropping lyrics wise(and no,I mean real lyrics and am not referring to Bizarres hilarious but awful shock value verses on the first album)
    A few thoughts/comments
    On the previous album I thought Kuniva was pretty average,but IMO he has done some good improving on this one. Actually,with the exception of Swifty and Eminem all of them have improved lyrically(well,Bizarre is another story)-unfortunately Eminem,who dropped some mad lyrics on the last album,doesnt have a great amount of excellent lyrics. In fact his verse on the first track quite wrecks my head. Swifty comes out with some good ones still,and while he hasnt gone bad his lyrics dont appear to be as brilliant as on Devils Night,where they were feckin mental
    Its definitely more commercial though. The previous album made D12 look like the lunatic fringe of rap-sure,they talked about the typical stuff gangsta topics sometimes,but they had a difference. Loads of rappers claim to sell crack and heroin-D12 claimed they used it("we cant get jobs cos our arms show tracks"was one of my favourite lines). It wasnt ego driven-much of it was self depreciating. But this album,on initial listening,is far more leaned towards the mainstream. Getting drunk and fighting in nightclubs,shooting people,etc etc its not bad,but its not unique like their first album. Rappers talking about all that are ten a penny,and unforunately they seem to have moved in that direction.
    Id recommend getting it though.

And finally.....
    Did anyone else notice that on D12 World only 50% of Bizarres raps concern such topics as transvestites,raping and murdering members of his family,being molested as a boy and other similiar stories,compared to all of them on the last album? I think he is trying to get taken more serious these days.:D
    I got a particular laugh reading the thank yous,where under his thank yous he includes his mother(who he claimed to have murdered)his father(who he has claimed in his songs raped him,and that he called him a"fcukin homo"at his funeral)and his grandmother(the less said about what he said they got up to together the better:D)
    Actually,after the song Revelation from the last album it was a suprise to see most of them doing these glowing tributes to their parents in the thank you notes. But then again rap has always been a bit contradictory,what with Tupac and his crack is destroying black america in one song,and in the next talking about how great selling crack is. Hmmm
    And by the way,if buying dont touch HMV or any other extortionate foreign chains that prey on the Irish. I bought it in Woolworths in Northern Ireland for £8.99,or just over 13 euros. It costs 22 euros in HMV IIRC the thieving scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Who is Em talkin bout in "How Come"?
    Anyone specific?

dont know i was wondering that for myself, i think it could be Proof,

at the time Em got his deal they werent really talking, they had fallen out, they did that alot when they were unsigned, then Em got the deal and they made up

but i dont think he'd put that into a song now, its a bit long ago

any one think different or know who he/she was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Royce da 5'9 maybe.

yeah

u could be right cause the last song they did together was that one with jay-z

philip :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

Originally posted by pgodkin
    dont know i was wondering that for myself, i think it could be Proof,

at the time Em got his deal they werent really talking, they had fallen out, they did that alot when they were unsigned, then Em got the deal and they made up

but i dont think he'd put that into a song now, its a bit long ago

any one think different or know who he/she was?

Nah it not proof, some have said royce but more than likely childhood friend, thats theme of each verse, he only starting rhyming with royce after rap olympics...

Albums is ok, let down by Bizarre and not enough subject matter but still good to listen to, Proof and Kon Artis stepped their game up on this album. Proof impressing me a lot these days, he pretty solid on Probmatic album as well..(prob not correct speling, released with other rappers from detroit).

This album is pritty crap compared to Devils night and any of Eminems stuff IMO.

With the exception of 3 tracks "The good die young", "6 in the morning" and "How come"

Em had want to come up with something better for his next solo album......

He hasn't, I've heard some of the leaked stuff and their f'in brutal.

Originally posted by Cannibal Ox
    He hasn't, I've heard some of the leaked stuff and their f'in brutal.

Did you hear any of the "leaked" stuff from the eminem show? Not only was it brutal but it was fake.....

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

fake?!
    d12 world is good, but i have to say, when i heard fight club on devils night it just blew me away, nearly as much as the first time i heard stan
    its not every day that a song does that to you, and when it does, everytime you hear it you remember exactly where u were when u heard it first!
    classic Dre production

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Faegs dissin' Royce

dissin royce? on wat song?
    what ever happened to good ol royce da 5-9 anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Its not Royce he's dissing on How Come , Em didnt know Royce till 96 , he's talking about things that happened around 92. I have a suspicion it could be about the guy who gave that interview to The Source when that " racist" cd came out. But its definitely not Royce.

The supposed "beef" they had a while back was the only reason I thought it could be Royce.

As far as I know, Royce released an album pretty recently but I heard it wasn't great.
    I always liked him on the Bad Meets Evil track from SS LP and the GTA soundtrack.

• Advertisement

What racist cd was that?
    i would like to hear some stuff from royce, but never thought of it
    any1 heard either of his albums? recomend them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bleh3000

Royce's last album, as far as I know is called "Death is Certain," released by Koch records (http://www.kochentertainment.com/) last February. I actually heard is was pretty good, but I can't find it anywhere (no credit card, so can't order it on the internet). Seemingly theres some Eminem and Dre disses on it. (rumours why vary from that Eminem promised to sign Royce to the Shady/Aftermath label but passed him over for 50, or that the beat in Jay-Z's song "Renegade" was originally promised to Royce by Eminem)

As for the racist CD, if your referring to Eminem, there is no racist CD. He seemingly did a racist freestyle years ago mocking black women. There was big controversy over it a few months ago.

I feel like a street gossip spreading all these rumours!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

WHO SAID HE IS TALKING ABOUT PROOF ON HOW COME?

Proof raps on it ffs!!!!!

Its about Royce.

I thought we'd esthablished it wasn't about Royce too...

From what I've heard about the Eminem vs Royce beef it was purely about Royce's promotion, getting his name out to a more mainstream audience (i.e, White teeny bopper MTV listeners) through getting in a battle with Eminem.
    That was never really confirmed though.
    As for the racist CD, if your referring to Eminem, there is no racist CD. He seemingly did a racist freestyle years ago mocking black women. There was big controversy over it a few months ago.
    The Source/Benzino really scraped the bottom of the barrel for that one.
    Fair enough, Eminem was stupid for saying those things but at the same time, the amount of bullsh!t that surrounded it because of the Source was ridiculous.

I still have no clue who he's talking about on that song. Maybe it's one of the guys he was with when he did the racist freestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bleh3000

It actually could be Royce.
    Its not Royce he's dissing on How Come , Em didnt know Royce till 96 , he's talking about things that happened around 92.

Maybe, but they're both from Detroit, and they were both part of the underground Detroit rap scene. They could have easily met and become friends before '96.

Also, Royce definitley has something against Eminem at the moment. I've been going through the lyrics of his latest album (as you can see I've nothing better to do!). The song is called "What I Know"

(taken from http://www.ohhla.com )

Who could raise me, after I been amazed by Dre
    And N.W.A., and you couldn't pay me
    To back the staff for free, I will believe
    It ain't nothin +Shady+ in the +Aftermath+
    Perhaps when you unwrappin the plastic
    You respect whatever you hear, and ya styles is growin
    Them guys is clonin, them pioneers
    Rappers wanna be classic, like they Clef, Pras, and Warren.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well what I figured was that Royce approached Em to get signed to shady/interscope but Em said the time wasn't right. The very next day Em signed 50 cent.

According to Royce, d12 started the beef. I'm fairly sure Renegade getting on Blueprint got Royce's blessing. Shame though.. It's a monster of a track and Royce is a superior lyricist to JayZ in my mind.

thats a big statement, im gonna have to check out royce

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well what I figured was that Royce approached Em to get signed to shady/interscope but Em said the time wasn't right. The very next day Em signed 50 cent.

Now that is exactly what I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

thats a good album alright, think there old one was a bit better tho to be honest!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement