Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java ftp client

Options
  • 21-04-2004 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a java FTP client api, preferribly in a bean implementation as i'm writting an application that will need to be able to ftp files to a ftp server.
    I've just found IBM FTP Suite but am wondering if there are any better one out there or if anyone has any code that will help.
    Ta muchly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭lynchie

Javaworld done a review of several client apis last year. Take your pick from them. The apache one is quite good and is easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

A quick google got me this: http://www.enterprisedt.com/downloads/ftp.html

It's a LGPL'd API, which let's you develop secure FTP apps with ease. Or so their site leads me to believe. There is some more of this stuff over on the Jakarta Commons site also (I'm assuming this is the one lunchie is talking about).

;-phobos-)

Advertisement