Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winsock visual basic problems

Options
  • 20-04-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

before i get started, ill fill you in on my situation.

its my end of year project, it was due today, but i have an extention till thursday becasue of this weird situation im in.

My program is finished. It was working grand until last night when i opened the .frm to look at a peice of code.

I got two log errors and when i looked at the gui the two winsock componants (pic of 2 computers linked together) has disapeared and now there is a picture box which is labled 'winsock1' and another one 'winsock2'.

There are 2 winsock connections on each of the programs im writing and they both connected to each other and sent a variable.

excellent!...

but now nothing works and my whole program is based around this network working.

Please help me out if you can. This is all my college work down the pan if i cant sort this out.

thanks

reD.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Have you got the proper .ocx's and references selected???

Go to the file menu bar (top of screen)

navigate to Project - Components

In the components dialogue, select the "Controls" tab, scroll down to "Microsoft Winsock Control 6.0" or whatever version it is you have and select it.

you should now have a little winsock icon on your toolbox and then you can add this to your form.

tada!! prob not what your looking for is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

yea, i right click on the tool bar and add componants and then i can use the winsock. But that should load when the program when i open it - instead they are just text boxes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Email me the project, I will be able to get it working, PM me if your interested.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Also try replacing the winstock 1 & 2 with the oringal winstock control, after loading, I have a similar problem with flexgrid. Just trasfer the code over.

Thanks JoePC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Lads, I decided to just rewrite the whole bloody thing again... but be more efficialnt with the code!

It works, with extras now :D

Thanks for your concern joePC, i was about to email you it! :)

Nice one lads

reD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement