Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toothing Faq

Options
  • 20-04-2004 12:46am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://toothing.proboards28.com/index.cgi?board=tchat&action=display&num=1078412493
    What is a 'Toothing?
    'Toothing is a form of anonymous sex with strangers - usually on some form of transport or enclosed area such as a conference or training seminar. 'Toothers meet by first connecting suitable equipment - such as a modern phone or palmtop computer. Users 'discover' other computers or phones in the vicinity and then send a speculative message. The usual greeting is: 'Toothing?'.

If the other party is interested, messages are exchanged until a suitable location is agreed - usually a public toilet, although there are tales of more adventurous spots such as deserted carriages or staff areas. What happens next is up to you!

Maybe it's time for that phone upgrade :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

this sort of stuff restores my faith in humanity - although "toothing" sounds vaugly threatening.
    Why couldn't they have called it "blueing" or somthing?

did anyone see that report about kevin spacey walking his dog at 4:30 am and getting 'conned' out of his phone by a young guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by yossarin

did anyone see that report about kevin spacey walking his dog at 4:30 am and getting 'conned' out of his phone by a young guy?

Yeah, fark brought it to my attention yesterday morning - very very dodgy story that, makes you wonder about the rumours that circulate about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Oh I think he didn't realise that a park full of men looking for sex with other men was a cruising area. He just wanted somewhere to walk his poodle. I'm sure that could be construed as an analogy or something.

Toothing is just cruising with modern technology. There's a few Irish websites that list cruising grounds as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by yossarin

Oh i wholeheartedly believe kevin spaceys story. If, by 'walking his dog at 4:30am' he meant 'looking for an anal bully', and by 'getting conned out of his mobile phone' he meant 'getting conned into having sex with a young man'. I can only assume thats what he meant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

Exactly, similar to how Mr Murphy was only giving the tranny a ride (home?) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by Einstürzende

I find this story the funniest, especially after listening to Murphy's interesting and angry views on 'faggots' :D hiding something there Eddie?

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    Aw man i never heard anything about that story, do tell ;)
    (im too lazy to google right now..and besides..sticking 'tranny' into google on a college computer isnt the brightest of ideas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Check this out DeadWing Oooh Eddie

Just being a good smamritan eh? *L* Because most prostitues who are standing around the street in the middle of the night are just looking for a lift home, and nothing else....riiiiiiiiiiiiight :D

Advertisement