Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DREAD: The Murder Game

Options
  • 19-04-2004 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This is a call to arms. Not sure if it's the place for it, and I can move it if need be, but here goes...

DREAD is a round-based online survival horror mod for Half-Life 1 / 2, and we're looking for coders, artists and level designers.

DREAD IS NOT A COUNTER-STRIKE CLONE. DREAD IS QUITE ORIGINAL.

We're trying to make this a primarily Irish mod, as this allows the artists, level designers and coders to meet up and shout... erm... politely work out the issues involved.

Currently, we have a design document & a mocked-up mod test, featuring a technology demonstration, skills demonstration and a pretty new shell for Half-Life. While there are no coders presently attached to this project, the mod test & document should be enough to convince you that the project will work, will be a lot of fun and that we're dedicated to seeing it through.

Current mappers and modelers on the project come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with experience in professional animation and writing.

While we can't pay you for work on the mod, work on DREAD will gain a large international audience and will deliver valuable experience in making a professional-quality game.

Interested?

Coders, mail dread_code@hotmail.com for the design document (in three flavours: plain text, large .rtf file & Microsoft .doc with pretty pictures). Artists, gimme a call at dread_art@hotmail.com.

Looking forward to talking to you. Thanks for your time!

--RoB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Dread Guy
    mod for Half-Life 1 / 2,

Umm which one?
    I be interested in Hl2 but wont see that source for a long time so i messing about with Farcry (its got everything i could ever ask for )

Kdjac

Advertisement