Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 16: Doctor's Orders

Options
  • 19-04-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

SEVEN SEVEN WHERE ARE YOU SEVEN!!! :rolleyes:

Seen this all before in voyager seven loseing her mind because of being alone some weird ass nebula/subspace thingy threat of the engines going out bla bla bla.I didnt really want to see the dr naked tbh why couldnt they do that with seven instead.Even down to the Xzindi walking around the ship and the Dr seeing crew member's was done in Voyager.

3/10

Pro's
    Good sfx
    got better towards the end

Conns
    ALLLLLLLLLL done before in voyager
    Didnt kill the dog

Did anyone else know maywither was black ? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i kinda fell for the t'pol thing at first i was skeptical and trying to recall what part of the ep that said she would be awake for as well.

then i thought oh they must be taking altnerative shifts as trip said that thing had to be checked every two hours.

alright ep, yeah did get better towards the end i don't recall that ep of voyager that much but thats good for me, didn't have a hell of a lot of originality in it though i thought the episode was good for the dr.'s character in general.

some good lines in it though such as "you nearly shot the captain's dog" quality

and bizmark your wrong the dog rocks\

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

it is just the voyager episode with flox in place of 7 - nothing elce.
    I didnt like it

3/10

EDIT: It dosent matter if the dog is kool - if the dog dies it is unexopected and that is kool.
    The Dog likes cheeze

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭OmeGar

I watched the first 20 minutes, got bored, total voyager rip, went and watched my new West Wing DVD's

oh and whats with the starting in the middle flash back to the start that enterprise has being doing. it works in some cases but it seems like every episode in this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Yeah I agree, there was absolutely no need for the flashback. It added nothing to the story as a whole and just seemed like a time filler. The similarities to the Voyager episode were almost too much to take and for the first time in the new series I considered changing channels to watch something about the Romans on BBC2 or so. I just hate the way the story arc of the Xindi is interrupted by so many of these pointless time filling episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

Total Voyager rip-off.
    And Phlox uses the opportunity to occasionally walk around nekkid (early scene)
    Why, why, WHY did they not have Se7en do that in the Voyager episode ??/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They have a copy of {URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049096/]The Court Jester[/URL] in their movie library? Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Totally agreed bad rip of voyager. The t'pol thing that was easily see through as she would have been on the engines not flox and she didn't eat anything in the mess hall. was left dissapointed since i was expecting something to happen but it just didn't come and it was a little to easy for flox to go to warp with as much warp theory as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Only just saw it now. Really, really shit, I must say. The T'Pol thing was so obvious aswell. She didn't touch anything throughout the whole ep. Could have been done a whole lot better. But I do take any opportunity to see those insect dudes. They're cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like the reptailliens more than the insectoids

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I liked the opportunity for Flox to develop his character but it was a dull episode alright...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

What I took from this episode.

1. Roxann Dawson ripping a couple of shots directly from '2001 A Space Odyssey' isn't big and isn't clever.

2. From what I've seen wenever it's movie night they ALWAYS(?) watch movies pre-1960. Are they trying to imply that no good movies have been made in the 200 or so years prior to Ent.

3. Those 'insect dudes' are pretty stupid looking. I honestly thought the halucinations were caused by some chessy 1950's sci-fi movie Phlox had watched so I had to laugh when he revealed that they were a Xindi group.

4. No more nude scenes for Phlox.

(BTW, anyone remember the name of the Voyager ep you're all talking about?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

93. One
    Stardate: 51929.3

When Voyager encounters a deadly radioactive nebula, Captain Janeway decides to save time by going through it and placing the crew in protective stasis with only Seven of Nine and the Doctor left to protect the ship. Seven soon starts experiencing hallucinations when an alien wants to trade vital supplies.
    b: 13-May-1998 pc: 193 w: Jeri Taylor d: Kenneth Biller

'One' was the penultimate episode of season 4. Much better than 'Doctor's Orders' too, if only because it was made first & Seven is in it!

Advertisement