Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 minute interview

Options
  • 18-04-2004 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I interviewed for a company about 6 months ago for a position as a graduate/student software developer. The interview lasted an hour and a half (half an hour being a written test on c++ and java). And I was asked for general knowledge on all technologies (grid, sockets, servers, classes, objects, linux etc).

I didnt get that job, but they called me a few weeks ago, and asked me to do an aptitude test. A few days later, I was asked to go for another interview for a graduate training program.

The interview will be a 30 minute aptitude test (similar to the online one), followed by a 30 minute face to face interview. What can I possibly expect to be asked at this stage?

Thanks in advance.

merlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

theyve given you a techie interview, now they will probably give you a HR interview.

Some HR bimbo will ask you to list your strengths and your weaknesses, describe a situation where you overcame a challenge, blah blah blah. Just try to look enthusiastic, be yourself and come up with halfway sensible answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Thanks silverside, I hadn't considered that angle.

Advertisement