Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster - too forgiving?

Options
  • 18-04-2004 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Word up.

I saw Monster last night. While it's a reasonable movie, I did think it was way too OTT on the sympathy level.

I don't want to give anything away to people who haven't seen it, but it kind of made her out to be a bit of a ... hero?

Anyone agree/disagree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i thought she was suposed to be a hero
    eccept for the last guy he didnt deserve it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    but it kind of made her out to be a bit of a ... hero?
    it depends very much on what side of the fence you are sitting on. how many women do you think are alive and 'un'raped because of the men she killed? how many women won't have to suffer the indignity of what happens to so many others who are violated in this way.

admittedly i don't think they all deserved what they got, but her actions may well have saved more innocent lives than the guilty ones she ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Hang on. Have you seen the film??

One of them was a rapist/murderer. They others were just men trying to have sex with a prostitute. This is very very common and is not related to rape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i think hero is going a bit far, the way i saw it was that, after the first killing, she was looking for excuses to kill the johns, when she didnt find a good excuse she seemed pissed off..

i dont think the film showed the other men out to be anything other than guys looking to get shagged.

granted it could have been emphasised a little more, but the way she saw it was they needed cullin.

the film was a bit overly sympathetic but i think hero is a bit too far . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

hero no way!
    why would she be a hero?

I didnt see the Doc but id like to will be on tv anytime soon

killing one man for self defensive is fine but killing 4 more for money is wrong especially the last one who was innocent and didnt deserve it at all

cirumstances led her to be a prostituate, her own actions led her to be a killer

she deserved to fry imo (and im not really a pro capital punishment type!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement