Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto Checker Excel Spreadsheet Program

Options
  • 18-04-2004 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭

Hello
    Before i am flamed for not knowing how to program. i dont and i am not afraid to admit. was never one for coding ut i do enjoy fixing computeer problems.

I am wondering is possible for someone to do up a spreadsheet whihc will do the following.

1. Allow me to enter my numbers for a given week or weeks.
    2. Allow me to enter all 3 sets of winning numbers and have a macro check my numbers agaist the the 3 sets of winning numbers.
    3. i want the program then to tell how many numbers i had in each draw.

i have tried myself but the bonus number really messes me up.

If someone has this program i would be gratefully if they will let me have it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 feakle

Yes, this can be done but formulas would be quicker than VBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

Erm it's probly of no use to you but i had to do this as a small project using c++, in it there was only one input of numbers but it wouldn't be that hard for me to rework it to include for the input of 3 sets. You want it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

this shouldnt be too hard to do, i dont have time to do it for you but you should be able to put in a 6*6 array (for the main numbers) and a 6*1 array for the bonus ball, in each cell you would have (if($a1 =b$2,1,0)), where $a1 and b$2 are your numbers and the lotto picked numbers respectively, at the bottom do a sum to find the total number of matches, Then hide the array cells if you wwant to make it look neater

might do it at the weekend if no one else does it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

feakle: thanks for the info but i dont know how to do it in either.

ronano: i never used c++ so i would not know where to start to change it for my use.

sliverside: you lost me after you mentioned a 6*^ array.

thanks for the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

see attached spreadsheet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 feakle

This should do it .....

Advertisement