Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allotments

Options
  • 16-04-2004 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

South Dublin County Council's allotments at Clondalkin have a few empty plots. It costs €19 a year to rent a plot - but (sob) the council is taking back the land two years from now to build on.

So if you want an allotment for the next two years - and a chance to move when the allotments are moved elsewhere in the county - give Michelle Reilly in South Dublin County Council's development section a bell.

It's a gorgeous place to garden, with a train buzzing around the edge, big plots, helpful neighbours who tell you who'll plough the land and where to get good manure, etc.

An association of allotment-holders is currently being formed, and there will soon be a meeting to set it up, with people from the Council coming to address it and hosting it in one of their halls.

There's even a maillist for the allotment-holders - just started, but if you get an allotment and want to join, please send me a PM here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

what size are these allotments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think it said "10 poles" or something like that. Maybe 150 feet long by 50 wide each plot. Enough for a rake of spuds, plus onions, carrots, parsnips, salad stuffs, herbs, flowers, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think it said "10 poles" or something like that. Maybe 150 feet long by 50 wide each plot. Enough for a rake of spuds, plus onions, carrots, parsnips, salad stuffs, herbs, flowers, etc, etc.

Advertisement