Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Mod's

Options
  • 15-04-2004 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭

Ok guys this seems like a good idea for a sticky and it was in the idea's thread so here it is :) .

Pop up pics of your rigs, mabye some info on it (tip or two) etc.
    I would like to mabye make a max of 4 photo's as its going to be very slow for us poor people who dont have broadband in there area yet (56k sucks).

Any comments like "Nice rig" , complements , advise etc are fine but i will only leave them up for a couple of days ....... as its basically supposed to be mainly pics. Its nice to give your impressions and complements especially when people have put alot of effort into the modding process. [This means you SHOULD post comments if you want, i will clean up the thread in a couple of days so no harm done ;)]

I wont be adding my system to it (sonata case) but i will be changing things alot in the summer and might match up the watercooling system with the XaserII (clear side) and then ill post a few.

Anyway enjoy.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ok well i may aswell get the ball rolling on this gallery,im gonna be cheeky and post up two of my mods in 2 seperate posts in order of date,oldest first.
    ** all images are under 100kbs each **

mod2.jpg

erm,got a very plain alu case to do a thundercats mod to start with.was easy to cut out the design with my dremel.

mod3.jpg

I added more crazy lighting and a extra top window with a thundercats custom applique from " shatteredweb " and then an coolermaster aerogate 2 fan controller and cooldrive's.

mod1.jpg

I switched to watercooling kit i got from " hitide.ie " and added 2 rad's with two 120mm blue led fans, and uv reactive tubing some of which i used to cut into spiral wrap for the psu cables,also had a zalman fanless chipset cooler there.

mod4.jpg

The neon tubing lit up "revoltec cold cathodes" in it's full glory.Bling* Bling*

Full Spec:

Abit KD7 Mobo
    Amd Barton xp 2800+
    1 Gig Crucial pc 2700 DDR Ram
    2x Western Digital SE 120Gig HDD's
    GeForce Fx 5900 Ultra

CombatCow

Ok well this is my latest "pride and joy" that was made just last week.

mod8.jpg

Ok well this is the sexual "limited edition" CasEdge Diabolic gaming tower.:eek: The pic cant really do this case justice but it has a really glossy red and black finish to it.

mod7.jpg

yup that's 1 sweet stealth dvdrw drive if i do say so myself :D

mod6.jpg

The rad's are mounted in the top of the case ( take up two drive bays ) also have 2 120mm red antec led fans for em that are controlled to 5v - off - 12v with the zalman fan controller at the front.It was a tight squeeze fitting the 2 single rads in the top,but worked out very nicely.

mod5.jpg

The ''guts'' so to speak
    * oops that 80mm fan was just for a lanparty *
    pretty much the same spec as my other pc above.

The noise is minimal,the only sound is a hi-pitch one from the hdd's which are soon to be replaced with quiet sata samsung spinpoint 160Gig Hdd's

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not much done to it but i'll post anyway.

Here's the spec:

Antec Lanboy case with Antec 430watt true power PSU
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
    Amd Athlon XP 2500+ overclocked to 3000+ (pc thinks it's one anyway)
    Thermaltake Volcano 12 Heatsink and Fan combo
    Aopen Aolus Geforce 4Ti 4200 8X AGP
    52x32x52 Lite-on Cd-Rw Drive
    Lg DVD Drive
    2 Hard disks, 60Gig ATA133 and 80Gig SATA (Both Maxtor)
    Sb Live 5.1 digital
    2 Antec fans, blowing in/out

Mods so far
    I cut the mesh away infront of the front/rear fans and tidied up the cables, hid as much as i could

Future mods
    maybe a fan in the top and a coldcathode tube

Jozi

Pic

This pic is 2 foto's joined into one file

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

Wanted to put something on the other side of my Super Lanboy
    Finished this last night. Will post more pics tonight

Origional was in 2000ad by Simon Bisley
    http://www.simonbisleyonline.com/2000AD/abc06.htm

Done using a pantograph (check google for demo) and CD permenant ink marker.

Took about 10 hours

pic of case lights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Well since everyone is doing it :D

heres mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Here's my baby, I'm adding a big peltier rad this weekend.

case.jpg

case2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Heres two pics of my PC, if i disable the flash the digital camera goes blurry so sorry for the lower quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Spec:
    Thermaltake Skull case
    Athlon 2500+ Barton
    Asus A7N8X-e Deluxe
    Radeon 9800pro
    512meg of OCZ 2700 Rev 3.2 ram
    SCSI Ultra 2 Controler
    Seagate Ultra 2 18.2gig drive (7,200rpm, 6ms seak time)
    Maxtor 200gig ATA133 8meg cache
    LG SuperMulti write DVD writer
    Pinnacle PCTV Delux
    Antec 480w Trueblue PSU

Water cooling:
    Waterpump Eheim 1046 12V
    Watertank Innovatek AGB-O-Matic
    Radiator Innovatek Innova-Radi Dual (Dual 120mm fan rad)
    VGA cooler Cool-Matic ATI rev.1 for Radeon 9700/9800
    VGA/Chipset Cooler innova-Graph-O-Matic rev.2 GF4-GF-Fx/Northbridge
    cpu-cooler innova XX-Flow rev.1 Socket A Color: transparent

What I had wanted to do when I was fist planing the system, was put all the water cooling into my old shuttle SN41G2. But sadly due to drive lents, I would not be able to fit the VGA cooler for the 9800pro in. So I scraped that idea and went and got a Thermaltake Skull from stock in Elara. I went with the skull as it came with a side panel and is quite a sturdy case. So cutting into it would not cause any problems with it.
    Heres some pics..

frunt.JPG
    Not much was done to the frunt of it, that you can see. The temp and fan control unit is about 2mm out more than when the case is not moded (its a really big Rad for the water cooling) The "Thermaltake" sign on the front is meant to light up. But I removed the controler as it looks crap! I'll be changing it with something better, once I can think of something to put in there :D

top.JPG
    I had to cut a rather large cut in the case for the fans to have airflow. The Rad is below the fans and goes from the PSU to the frunt of the case. There is about 2mm on each side of the drive mountings for clearance. I put Antec Nice killers on the PSU and two 120mm fans. They keep the vibrations down.

side_bright.JPG
    On the side, I removed a "bracing bar" that runs accross the middle of the case. (its used for making sure cards dont pop out of there slot and to hold an extra HDD and one fan) Installed 2 UV cold cathode lights. One running accross the bottem and one on the bottem side as seen.

side_dark.JPG
    If your wondering about the winding path of the tubing going from the Rad to the water tank and the pump to the CPU/Chipset/9800pro. I found that when I turn the PC off, a small amount of air that is in the tank, Comes back up the pipe and was going into the Rad and casing an air lock. This bend going down stops this from happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I did this one last summer. Turned out quite well though the case is fairly crap. CombatCow helped me out with advice and cathodes.
    The first is a daylight shot.
    I did the window mod, blow hole at the top, lights in the drives, an extra fan on the PSU and a complete respray along with a lot of other bits and pieces.
    I've documented some of it at www.easymods.cjb.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

The second pic is with the lights on. I took it without flash so the shutter speed was slower hence the blur. I might take a better on some time in the future :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

VERDAMMT I REALLY LIKE THE TOP OF UR CASE! I'm gonna get a window for the top and stick even more lights into, since that i think a pc can never be bright enough as long as its not brighter than the sun. he he, my case is not far off though.

Now i have installed:
    2 blue neon pipes,
    3 blue neon fans,
    4 coloured LED fans,
    RAM cooler with a fan,
    vulcano12 (hell that thing is loud when running on 5500),
    HD cooler with 2 fans,
    2 fans in PSU,
    dual fan card under the GFX card,
    a pipe pushing fresh air straight onto the CPU fan,

As i don't have the pictures on a web site, unforunatly i'll have to post them one by one.

Many have confused this feature on the outside of the PSU with an ashtray!

This is the last picture, quite a few but i made them very small in file size for 56k members just like me. broadband will come soon though :)

And i did it ! easy to with spray and it looks really well.

I did a lot of work on the case today. I sprayed the back of the case black, the drives and some of the PCI slot covers. Re-aranged all wires, installed bottons for neon lights at the front (not visible on this pic yet) and put in another fan. I had to take out everything except mobo.
    Soon im getting a load of modding stuff from states then i'll go about a window in the top of the case and lots of supprises in that.
    I will either get a web space soon or i'll open a new thread when my mod is "finished". (at least finished for the time been, i my way of thinking u can NEVER really complete a mod)

I don't intend to post too many pics on this thread, so this is the last one.
    on this thread :)

later,

pyrogenx

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Here is Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A case
    Its sporting 2 neon green lights and a vantec spectrum pci fan card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Turned out to be a hell of a lot more work than I anticipated as the case was awkward to work with in spots, nevermind trying to keep fingerprints off the insides you won't get at when all is installed. Here she is, finally finished. I might light it up a tiny bit more but don't want to go ott on it, maybe just another one of them sharkoon blue led fans at the front instead of the ys-tech that's there on the 7v line atm.

Details of what I've done with it can be found at this threadhere

pics here:
    http://members.boards.ie/tacticalanni/Front%20view.JPG
    http://members.boards.ie/tacticalanni/Side%20View1.JPG
    http://members.boards.ie/tacticalanni/Side%20View%202.JPG

My favourite part of it all was taking my aero7+ off the cpu hs and using it as a chimney/exhaust fan and replacing it with a standard 80mm ys-tech that's not so loud inside the case on the 12V line but they are loud on the 12V line if on the side/front/back of your case - be warned. I got the idea from someone else on the HW tweaking/modding forum when I saw an aero7+ fan taking hot air out the back of the case just under the psu and thought it would look nice and do a good job smack bang at the top of my case.

As an added bonus, during the summer I can pull the pc just a little further out, whack the fan to full revs and I have a fan to cool me too, due to the way it moves air and the way it's positioned in my case alongside the desk. Completely unintentional :D

Here is something REALLY MAD !

http://www.midlans.net/picspages/pyrogenx3.html

Quite a bit of work went into it and it looks pretty well. On the picture it looks a bit messy, because i didn't get a chance to brush the case.
    Oh yeah, did u see the 100% stealth ROM drives ;)

:eek: :D

LMAO

It looks like a bale(sp?) of hay....would blend nicely in a field.

CombatCow

Reminds me of that monster in the sneakers that used to chase bugs bunny

http://toolooney.toonzone.net/gos1.jpg

omg...i just had an idea...you should turn the case into a big domo-kun...

http://www.domo-kun.com/

:D
    CombatCow

That would be an option, but for now i have bigger plans. My more powerful machine will soon get the s*** modded out of it. I can't express in any other terms. It'll be serious.
    I'll put a few more pics on my web site. I don't intend to block up this thread too much with just my pics, as i've already posted a good few.

Oh yeah Conbatcow what does LMAO mean ? (pm if u want)

anyway, i'll notify when i finished the next MOD.

Originally posted by pyrogenx
    My more powerful machine will soon get the s*** modded out of it.

Oh yeah Combatcow what does LMAO mean ? (pm if u want)

Lol that sounds serious.....Laugh My Ass Off :D

CombatCow

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah Pyrogenx takes modding to the nth degree. I mean he mods his mods and his modding tools. If Jesus appeared to him he would mod him!....modding madness he must be stopped before he mods us all......run for you lives!

Infact one night he once dragged a women down a dark ally pushed her to the floor then platted her hair!.......he then gave her a T-shirt saying I have been modded by Pyrogenx

Careful Now Azza or ur next :))

By the way, the next MOD is on its way! LOL, and this time its gonna take u off ur chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Infact one night he once dragged a women down a dark ally pushed her to the floor then platted her hair!.......he then gave her a T-shirt saying I have been modded by Pyrogenx

lol, was getting worried at the start there......... [itchy banning finger is put back on beer].

Advertisement