Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending E-mail with PHP

Options
  • 15-04-2004 4:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

'lo folks,
    When I try to send an e-mail through php, I keep getting the following error:

"Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [e-mail address] in e:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\e-mail.php on line 13"

I'm presuming it's something to do with the php.ini file or the apache server settings.
    Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks,
    S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Sinecure
    I'm presuming it's something to do with the php.ini file or the apache server settings.
    Any ideas how to get around this?
    Do you have a mail server set up on the box? if so is the php.ini file configured to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like the mail server you have specified in your php.ini file won't send mail for that email address. That is, mail1.eircom.net won't send email for any addresses except *@eircom.net for example.

If you're using a mail server set up on your own machine, it's probably in its settings somewhere to allow mail from domain x.

Advertisement