Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacking Bluetooth

Options
  • 15-04-2004 6:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if anyone was knowledgeable on bluetooth stack protocols. I'm currently working on a project for a course I am taking at UMBC. The project is to launch at attack on a bluetooth device. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Google for "bluejacking".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

would likely be better to google for "bluesnarf" or "bluesnarfing"

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Bluesnarfing is what you're looking for.. The vulnerability was recently made public by Adam and Ben Laurie, (the people behind Apache iirc)

http://www.bluestumbler.org/ is the website.

They haven't released the tools used to exploit it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well Adam Laurie was certainly spreading plenty of FUD on our very own Radio 1 this morning... with liberal mentions of AL Digital of course (for good measure ;))

you may be more productive going straight to where he originally 'sourced' his 'findings': see his section [4] references and other related links

BrianG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You might find this intresting and the guy who wrote it may have some pointers, he is very open to questions.

http://agentsmith.salzburgresearch.at/Downloads/BlueSnarf_CeBIT2004.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Fridays indo had a piece on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 technojoe

i have seen allot about it,,i have a snarf for my phone wich is just good-not grate now- i was wondering where i could get a free snarf to get phones from my 2003 ppc,,think of the extra power from a ppc compared to a phone B)

Advertisement