Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kick boxing, Advice on getting started.

Options
  • 14-04-2004 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Lo all,
    Im interested in starting kick boxing. At the moment i train in the gym about 3 times a week and im in pretty good shape. Recently ive been thinking to myself that i may as well be training for a reason, so ive decided that id like to take up kickboxing. The reasons being ive read a few of the other forums and it seems like it is the most physical. I would also be interested in the fighting/competition aspect of things.
    Im 26, and live in the Cabinteely/Foxrock area of South Dublin. Any advice on the locallaty of clubs or anything you can think of would be great.
    Thanks
    A.T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

theres a thai boxing gym in Loughlinstown. I dont know if thats near ya but i know the instructoe lives in Cabinteely area so it must be close

reply if you want more details.

paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Hay. Id love some more details of that gym if ya have them. Loughlinstown is just down the road, it would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Thai Boxing involving
    Development of balance, Speed, Strength, Fitness and Self-Defence, using Fists, Elbows, Knees and Feet.

Affiliated with the Bridgestone Gym

Instructor
    Mike Dockery

14 yrs experience
    fully qualified instructor
    qualified judge
    qualified referee
    fought international level

Email: mike_dockery@hotmail.com
    Phone: 087 8505604

Class times

Tuesday’s 7.30pm –9pm

Thursday’s 7.30pm – 9pm

Please note all instruction will be initially tailored to suit individual’s current levels of fitness and ability.

If you want to know more about this exciting sport or maybe your ready to just have a go.
    All are welcome but please contact Mike first to verify class places are available.

Phone: 087 8505604

Club venue Loughlinstown Community Rooms

Located at the rear of Louglinstown Shops
    Loughlinstown Drive Loughlinstown

hope this helps mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Brilliant,
    Thanks mate, ill give them a call tomorrow.
    Andrew

Advertisement