Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

max safe vcore for xp barton

Options
  • 13-04-2004 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

just a quick question what is the max safe Vcore when oc a xp barton 2600?
    what does everybody else use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

people will tell you different things depending on who you ask and what cooling you have. i use 1.75vcore (and my abit boards undervolts a tad), i've put up to 1.85 i think (or 1.875 possibly max) for a brief period to try for a better overclock but i didn't think it was worth the extra 100mhz

data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

well i had mine at 1.937 and it was getting a little to hot "51C" so i droped it Back to
    1.875 and was just wondering if 1.937 was to high,
    is 1.875 to high if im getting temps of aBout 46c load?
    thanks for the reply

no problem i've also read things that even if your load temps are reasonable with high vcore such as 1.9 - 1.95v etc such as you have yourself that its still not great that for such high vcores you required low load temps, its all relative i suppose and again depends on what your happy with, i consider voltages around the 1.9-2.0v mark what i'd be going up to with water cooling.

how did it overclock on such high voltage?

data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

2.246 @ vcore of 1.875
    i wanted 2.3 and can get that at a vcore of 1.937 But at a load temp of aBout 51c
    would 51c Be ok r a little to high like i think?

i also wanted 2.3 but the price was a little to high for me voltage wise i get 2.2 @ 1.75v, that load temp is fairly fine i'd say i'd hit that load temp no bother if my room was warm, its currently sitting at 41c at load. i'd be somewhat concerned about the high voltage required though more opinons required here definetly

data

• Advertisement
Advertisement