Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen my prose ?

Options
  • 13-04-2004 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

I wrote something and posted it here recently. I remember Yoda posted a comment after.

I can't seem to find it. Have the mods begun deleting stuff again ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

What it particularly contoversial stuff in anyway? The mods seem to be fairly strict in here about anything a bit close to the edge.

What's your sig from by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It was a poem about Cyphers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Sorry Yellum but what you posted was a line of numbers, which does not a poem make.
    I took it for muppetry and sent it down into the dark troll hole.

:dunno:

You could have sent me a pm asking me whether it was. Will you do this next time I post some of my "creative writing" ? You have a very narrow-minded view of what a poem is if you thought it was just a line of numbers.

Is poetry art ? What's the defintion for a poem ?

Sorry Yellum, what you wrote did not qualify as a poem. I thought about pm'ing you but I just couldnt be arsed as I dont have much time. Next time you post something questionable I will pm you.
    By the way, what I think is a poem or not does not mean I am narrow minded. You are the only one who has a problem with my opinions, but as far as this goes it wasnt an opinion..its a fact. What you posted was not a poem.

You may try again and take a poll to see what the other posters feel about it. Oh,
    I dont not feel that insulting someone is a way to get through life when something doesnt go your way.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I apologise for calling you narrow minded Beat.. Maybe I should say you have a narrow definition of what a poem is, I do feel that what I posted was poetry, maybe too contemporary for some tastes but you're the boss of this place and I guess these are your rules.

Although when I looked at the charter it mentioned othing about deleting stuff which I posted.

i) It stated you would pm something if you found offense.
    - You never sent me a pm.

ii) It also states:
    Because our poster's have freedom of speech and expression in this forum

- I don't believe this was the case with my work which you deleted without consulation or getting a clarification from me.

iii) The charter further states
    I want everyone to be able to not only write freely, but to also be able to read freely in this forum.

- I was not given the opprtunity to write freely.

I am seriously worried that I have to now get the ok from you about what does and does not constitute poetry.

I also note this is not the first time you have deleted someones work which you personally had "issues" with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Beat,

It was a poem; it was clever in a number of ways (pun intended) and indeed I responded to its contents specifically.

It seems to me that a moderator's summary deletions of people's postings isn't the sort of thing that will encourage people to express their creative writing in a public forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I want to read it..

Ok Yellum I give up. I said I would pm if I found something offensive, I did not find your posting offensive I figuered it to be muppetry.
    I will not delete your posts in the future so you can put your worries to reat and sleep better at night.
    I have said enough.

Post it again if you wish. This topic is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement