Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan Problem

Options
  • 12-04-2004 12:11am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is the right place to put this but if it isnt please feel free to move it.
    I bought a Dell pc there about 4 months ago and ive had absoloutely no problems with it,up until 2 weeks ago.
    I turned on my pc to witness a horrific scream out of my fan(well not horrific but you get the picture).The fan started going extremely fast as the pc booted up but as soon as my desktop loaded it went back to its normal quiet self.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Is this a system fan or PSU fan or CPU fan?

Does it only happen at start up or is it on and off? It might just need a drop of oil or at worst you can just replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That happens with gfxcard fans aswell when switching from normal desktop mode to playing games,because it's doing more work so needs better cooling.The shuttle sff pc's do this aswell on start up with the system fan.But the fact that you never herd it before in ur pc might suggest the fan needs a replacing.

CombatCow

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh but i only bought the pc a few motnhs back,i aint overclocked it either so why should i need to replace it?damn u dell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

well, if its only a few months old, its stil under warranty. So no biggy. Dont go opening it up, less you are sure it wont violate your warranty and you know exactly what your doing, no need for heroics here friend!!

Advertisement