Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create HTML file with JBuilder

Options
  • 08-04-2004 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but I can't figure out how to create a HTML file within JBuilder. I'm writing a help file for my application, which I will display within a JFrame. However, when I go to File -> new or whatever, I can't seem to create a file with the .html extension, it only lets me create .java. If I import a HTML file from elsewhere, it doesn't show in the project hierarchy on the left and the application can't find it.

Apologies for the probable stupidity of the question

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

You don't need to use anything other than a text-editor (notepad/vim/whatever) to write HTML.

I have no experience with JBuilder, but AFAIK it's an IDE for writing Java stuff, not a HTML editor. You don't need to add a file to a project in order to be able to get the program to read/parse/display it.

If you need a HTML editor there is at least one free one available with Mozilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

:rolleyes:
    What I think Auburn means is "is there any way to add/create a .html within a project" --> ie: it's visible in the project hierarchy & therefore included in the jar file..
    put the .html in the appropriate folder (explorer.exe); jar the project - then (winrar is easiest) look in it to see if it included the .html..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by Karoma
    :rolleyes:
    What I think Auburn means is "is there any way to add/create a .html within a project" --> ie: it's visible in the project hierarchy & therefore included in the jar file..
    That'd be the thing then. I do stuff the 'old-school' way. I find the command line makes me much more productive

:wq

mneh
    :q!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Ok thanks guys. I probably didn't phrase the question very well.

Yes, I am aware that JBuilder is not a HTML editor. I meant what Karoma said. I have been using JBuilder as a jarring tool and thought it would be handy if I could include the HTML for jarring. Ah well.... suppose I'll just do it the manual way if noone else has any ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Karoma
    :q!
    You must be a very productive programmer:D.

very ;)

any luck auburn?

Advertisement