Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good festival in Europe

• 08-04-2004 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

http://www.eurokeennes.fr

In Belfort, France. Went last year, really great event. Cheap at only 75 euro for three days camping and music.

Already announced are Pixies, Korn, Placebo, PJ Harvey, Franz Ferdinand. Lots more to be announced. There's usually a good mix of everything (even more so than Oxygen).

Belfort is a few hours by train from Paris (about 50 euro return if you're under 25) and then there's free buses from the station to the campsite and free buses from the campsite to the music site.

It's pretty cheap food and drink wise. A pint was €3 last year for example.

A very good alternative to Oxygen or Glastonbury or wherever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 danemac

checked out the site, does the site have an english page

i cant speak the tonuge of the french man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Sorry it should be www.eurockeennes.fr The full site will be out on April 21st and there's usually an English section :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭the corpo

check out www.dourfestival.be
    deadly belgium festival
    4 days for 60 euro or thereabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Is there any good festivals on the continent in mid/late August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by tibor
    Is there any good festivals on the continent in mid/late August?
    Not quite the Continent but Reading and Leeds Festivals are around then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Yeah, but I'm going to Glasto and don't want to do 2 UK festivals. Sterling hurts. And aren't weekend Reading tickets sold out anyway?

Originally posted by tibor
    Yeah, but I'm going to Glasto and don't want to do 2 UK festivals. Sterling hurts. And aren't weekend Reading tickets sold out anyway?
    Indeed they are - I got mine:D

There should be others but I'm not too sure at the moment - at least festivals outside of the uk don't tend to sell out as quickly so there isn't as much of a rush.

There's one in szigut (spelling?) in Hungary which I believe is towards the end of the Summer. 7 day festival with masses of bands on an island in the Danube near Budapest. I've never been and the headliners are never huge but it seems interesting...

[edit]it's called sziget. Some info here . 4th - 11th of August, the biggest band so far seems to me to be the bloodhound gang, not too impressive but seems an interesting festival - probably full of hippies though:eek:

Festival Internacional de Benicàssim at the start of August is looking pretty good. Decent lineup plus the beach:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

And there's Pukkelpop in Belgium, which the beastie boys are strongly rumoured to be playing at.

Advertisement