Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underlay for Laminate flooring

Options
  • 08-04-2004 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I am planning to lay laminate flooring in my 2nd floor apartment. The bulider is giving the apartment with a sound proof barrier laid all over the apartment floor. The barrier is glued to the floor and appears to be made of rubber granules stuck together. It 3mm thick and is much harder than a usual laminate flooring underlay.

The flooring itself is made of hollow concrete blocks overlaid with screed and is quite level.

The questions I have is :

- Do I need to have a moisture barrier ?
    - Can I do away with buying an underlay ?

Also, I am planning to use B&Q Floormaster LOC universal flooring ? Any opinions on that ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Have used B&Q Floormaster LOC throughout the upstairs of my house . . . very easy to lay and very nice finish . . . one pointer though, I originally bought the three strip maple finish (i.e. three strips in one board) . .. however, when I started laying it I found the width of the strips in each board was variable which looked really dodgy when layed so I brought it all back and bought the wide plank instead . .

Advertisement