Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underfloor heating

Options
  • 08-04-2004 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

has anyone had any experience of putting down solid wood flooring over underfloor heating? i've heard many different reports of both good and bad. can it work well or will there be problems in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I know 2 lads who put solid over underfloor and have no problems, u obviously want to have the timber stored in the same room for a couple of days before u lay as it has to climateize (sp!).
    But I will be doing this later on this year and have not heard any issues with it

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You just have to be careful doing it and do it right. You should talk to the timber supplier and the underfloor heating supplier / fitter. The risk is that the boards will dry at a much quicker rate than normal and warp.
    Originally posted by yop
    climateize
    Acclimatise

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Acclimatise

Doh :rolleyes: Thanks

Advertisement