Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recommendations

Options
  • 07-04-2004 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a laptop in the next couple of days and am looking for some advice.

At the moment I am looking at the Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo L6820, 2.4 Celeron Processor, 512MB RAM, 40GB Disk + free printer for €1200 from Compustore.

The guy in the shop wasn't a great salesman as he said they have crap reliability & that the Celeron processor is not worth buying!

Does anyone have opinions on notebooks from Fujitsu-Siemens?

Are there are any other comparable deals in Dixons, PC World etc etc?

Other than Dell.ie are there any other good online stores for notebooks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

can i ask why the hell you want to buy from compustore please?

i would agree about the celeron processors having previously owned one at one time... (a fair bit ago all the same..)

but still, my first question stands..

if Lidl is still selling there laptops i would personally go for that one

if not then try some other online stores, but please for the sake of christ stay away from compustore, i would goto dell before i went there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

He's right, seriously. Compustore are the worst of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Ok, ok, so I've decided not to buy from Compustore. Seemed like a good deal, that's all.

Think I'll also avoid the Celeron processor.

Guess Dixons are also to be avoided - just saw a Compaq there for 1300 - 2.8 Athlon processor, 512MB RAM, 40GB, DVD-RW.

Does anyone know online stores other than Dell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

http://www.gericom.com/Abverkauf/sale.html

This is the company that made the last ALDI laptop, the prices include shipping and vat but i think they have desktop processors and only one or two have dedicated graphics card.

There is a thread in the bargains section about them, check it out

you could also check lidl to see if they had any returns from last week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

ALDI still have some of the Gericom laptops left I think.
    I ordered mine but when the chap asked me my name he didn't check a list or anything. I could have been anybody.:eek: It was ALDI in Coolock btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

www.elara.ie sell laptops, their prices should at the very least be better than compustore/dixons.

http://www.elara.ie/products/notebooks.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Acer Laptops arn't bad, some are really cheap with the AMD processors. I got one and it works a charm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Wow dragging this thread up from the dead man!!!!!

Let it die in peace.........................

Advertisement