Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ramp'n'Rail still open?

Options
  • 06-04-2004 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Just wondering- wanna get back into bmx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

It is indeed although I'm not so sure they'll be welcoming of bmx as they would be to skateboards/rollerblades because the biker's tend to put holes in the ramps :eek:

best give em a buzz - 8377533

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Nice1 Tact
    Know any good bmx spots around city centre? ( please dont say baggot st :p )

I'll tell you what I think - Dublin is a skate/bmx spot graveyard - it's depressing - there's next to nothing besides Ramp 'N Rail and Ramp city in Swords. There's a few nice spots around swords/airport but that's about it, any new possible spots come with built in blocks/spikes/gaps in ledges/rails and what have you now :(

There's bugger all and anything that's good tends to be kept under wraps to prevent mass influx onto someone else favourite spot which will eventually see it closed down as it gets too much attention - it's getting as bad/worse as local surfer's with their waves at the moment :(

I'd say the best place for you might be Thomastown Skatepark down in Kilkenny - big - outdoors - nice ramps and designed by bikers so you should be right at home - worth the daytrip - plan on heading down there on Saturday for the WDC tour myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭LemmingBoy

I dont Bmx but theres always BMX ers in ucd on saterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭lobsterstag

Lemming boy you never go to ucd!!!!!!! anywho what is it you want? there are stairs lots of places, if you want rails there are perfect ones at landsdowne house in ballsbridge but it's a bust on weekdays, i did a front board shuv on them today (i skate), ucd is cool for the flatbanks but im bored of the rest of it, say what you want and i can hopfully tell you where the best place is, P.s ramp n rail dont allow bmx i dont think and in ramp city your only allowed in on sundays(i think)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭LemmingBoy

"Brag brag i did a front borad shuv Brag brag"

jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I used to know loads of tricks like endo, tailwhip, gliding
    but I wanna start learning to do stuff on a ramp, might check out UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shag

Try http://www.subterfugebmx.tk/
    theres up yo date irish bmx info on there including ramp city details.

Originally posted by lobsterstag
    jealous

poo brag :p

• Advertisement

well sorry for being excited about doing a half decent trick right after coming back from a broken leg!

:p <see this lad here; means I was joking

yeah well...em..er.....i was jokeing too

(c5748.jpg)

ramp n rail is good, but no huge bowls to attract pat duffy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GoofySkater

If Pat Duffy were in Ireland im almost positive he'd go to RnR. Willy Santos was there for the 4th of July.;)

Advertisement