Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Do You Think Of Norah Jones??

Options
  • 06-04-2004 11:12am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Jus interseted in knowing what you people of Norah Jones/ is she proper jazz and do you think that she is good? I know she is mainstream but dont hold that against her.

I think she is very good and has a cracking voice. Th best thing is that they are relaxing chill out songs the best for when you just wanna chill out after college or whatever. What do guys think of her??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

She's talented, no doubt, but I don't think she's jazz. It's just easy listening really. There's a lot of young hopefuls at the moment being touted a jazz artists who are aren't really jazz at all, in my opinion, I don't think I have to name any names ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

yeah I didnt think she could be called a proper jazz artist myself but there is no doubt that she has some jazz influences in there. Some songs are alot more jazz influenced than others. your right she is very talented tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 welly

is her oul fella ravi shankar the great citar man,shes grand but not likely to release anything to improvised considering its mainstream pitched.

Advertisement