Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricked.

Options
  • 06-04-2004 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I like your style:)

Reminds me of Dr. Kelso in Scrubs "My wife likes to joke that I've made her into shell of her former self. Sometimes I call her Shelly for fun. She laughs so much sometimes that I think I see tears in her eyes." Classic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Ahhh scrubs - what a wonderful show - tbh Dr Cox is my favourite - and here are a few quotes to show why :)

"You see Dr. Wen in there? He's explaining to that family that something went wrong, and that patient died. He's gonna tell them what happened, he's gonna say he's sorry - and then he's going back to work. Do you think anybody else in that room's going back to work today? That is why we distance ourselves; that's why we make jokes. We don't do it because it's fun. We do it so we can get by. And... sometimes because it's fun. But mostly it's the getting by thing."

"Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'See ya!' then the third word will be 'Oh my god! My crotch! You've punched me in my crotch!'"

"Jordan, come on, we agreed that we would wait until he was quite a bit older before we started systematically ruining his life."

"Okay - think of what little patience I have as, oh I don't know, your virginity. You always thought it would be there, until that night Junior Year when you were feeling a little down about yourself and your pal Kevin, who just wanted to be friends, well he dropped by and he brought a copy of "About Last Night" and a four-pack of Bartels & James and wohohoo, it was gone forever - just like my patience is now."

Carla: Who left this urine here?
    Cox: [singing] Someone's-got-a-secret-admirer...

Elliot: Dr. Cox, does this shade of red make me look like a clown?
    Cox: No, Barbie, no. It makes you look like a prostitute who caters exclusively to clowns.

"You'd better go ahead and enjoy this while you can, Bob, because if your evil genie goes ahead and grants your wish and I'm gone forever then the only one your going to be able to contend with around here is yourself, and when you really get to know THAT person, oh dear God, you'll scream so loud that Satan will want to tear up that contract he made with you at birth just so he can get some sleep."

"Well gosh, I guess I became a doctor because ever since I was a little boy I just wanted to help people. I don't tell this story often, but I remember when I was 7 years old, one time I found a bird that had fallen out of it's nest, and so I picked him up and I brought him home, and I made him a house out of an empty shoebox. (starts laughing). I became a doctor for the same four reasons that everybody does: chicks, money, power, and chicks. "

JD: Oh Dr. Cox? I know I'm being annoying, but I'm really getting used to talking to patients. I mean, this is why I became a doctor, right? Right?!
    Dr. Cox: I heard "I know I'm being annoying" and then white noise.

"Will I speak more slowly or fetch a nurse who knows fluent moron?"

There are more, but I will leave it there for now ;)

Bio

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy of Saturday Night Live I presume?

More here

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yeah scrubs is class. The episode lastnight was pretty good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭lukeUCD

ah scrubs tis prob the best thg on t.v nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Zhane wrote: »
    One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

Is this one of the tricks the "Tips and Tricks" banner refers to?

For shame boards.ie :pac:

What other Tricks does boards have? Have any boardsies found any special hidden easter eggy stuff buried in the bowels of boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Is this one of the tricks the "Tips and Tricks" banner refers to?

For shame boards.ie :pac:

What other Tricks does boards have? Have any boardsies found any special hidden easter eggy stuff buried in the bowels of boards?

Jesus that's some necro.
    I was massively confused by all the Scrubs references until I copped it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

13 years, leave it be.

Advertisement