Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dancehall

Options
  • 05-04-2004 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

anyone into dancehall??? who are you into? really liking elephant man sizzla capleton and t.o.k. at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

HERE ME NOWWWWWW. Nah, not really my thing. I'm from London so there's a fairly big following over there but it just sounds ridiculous to me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I think u got da wrong thread ere! Hey i love dance but i hate tracks that just have plain Dance music in them there has to be words for me 2 love the track! Know wat i mean? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

*leaves the building*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by KittyKat
    I think u got da wrong thread ere! Hey i love dance but i hate tracks that just have plain Dance music in them there has to be words for me 2 love the track! Know wat i mean? :)

I think you got the wrong thread here....

Out of interest do you fall down alot for no apparent reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

:D

Dancehall is alright, bigger fan of pure and simple Reggae though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i just really really love that mad juddering force of it you know? the production techniques are more like hard techno than hip hop.. the mc style is a big influence on drum and bass mc technique too... love it when it gets all murderous

some of the riddims are really really innovative stuff.... and those 7 inches are just sooo cute!

if youre into your more rootsier stuff theres a few excellent rodigan clashes up on this other foru i post on... holler if you want them... one of them is the 2000 clash in kilimanjarro... rodigan flies all the way over and just buries freddy kruger and the whole apocalypse soundsystem with witty disses and ancient personalised dubplates...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

<3 Skibadee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

if youre into skibadee heres a CLASSIC tape: shy fx with fearless and skibadee dec. 2000... all about the mc's on this one! skibadee has gone a bit downhill in the last two or three years though... needs to go write some new lyrics and stop barking!

the quality on it is well dodgy, it was recorded off radio over in toronto onto a really sh1tty tapedeck so its been sped up a wee bit as well, still, some very heavy mc-ing.

http://forum.nwdnb.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=6633

theres a really good dj hype set over on www.breakbeat.co.uk with skibadee and det on the mic as well, its the accelerated culture 2003 one at the bottom of the live archives page... its streaming only, so hook up your streambox vcr or lash your pc into the tapedeck of your stereo.

Advertisement